Shuji's Collection

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by Shuji, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Hello, Welcome to my collection the vast majority of these items are from Japan so be prepared. As a side note I store my entire collection in their rightful boxes. As well as group them in individual boxes to keep them away from moisture and so that way they are organized. Upon receiving them I did not have any shelves and still till this day lack some proper way of displaying them. I just need to invest some money, but as of lately I haven't felt too motivated to do just that. However I do leave a few consoles out so I can play whenever I have the desire to.

Here are some photo's of what I've purchased so far from overseas. I categorized them for the both of our convenience.

Part 1.
    1. Development Hardware:

Sony PlayStation 2 - DTL-T10000H, DTL-H10010, & DTL-H10030
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I take no credit for this high quality photo all rights are reserved by;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/defor/albums

Please check out his flickr page he does some pretty cool stuff.

I am so grateful to own such a piece of art it has taught me a lot about hardware architecture and linux. It has forced me to think outside of the box and to question what I originally thought wasn't achievable. So when I saw one up for sale while saving up money for something else I immediately bought it.

As of now I own five working ones I was hesitant to show the rest off due to each one having damage in different area's. Not mention three of them are taken apart for confidential reasons. Also this is my best looking one.

2. Electronics:
    Made In Japan Down Step Transformers

[​IMG]

These devices are absolutely necessary when using Japanese electronics because it prevents the power supply from eventually going out over a period of time. Especially if you live in the states where our voltage runs at 120 while theirs doesn't reach above 100. You're most likely thinking that's negotiable and it is. But I can assure you in the long run it will take it's toll that's why it never hurts to be cautious.

3. Japanese Computers:
    Not Documented Yet.

4. Strategy Guides:

[​IMG]

Sega Saturn & Sega Dreamcast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My all time favorite game director Yu Suzuki up there with Fumito Ueda.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sony PlayStation 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sony PlayStation 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A work in progress to be continued.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 2
    5. Video Game Consoles:

Nintendo SNES EN/JP

[​IMG]

I do not own a whole lot for this system. But I feel like all you need are these timeless classics.

Sega Saturn & Sega Dreamcast JP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep for the longest time I debated whether or not I should purchase these, but Shenmue was calling my name. So I said the hell with it and bought them anyway because they are just so acoustically pleasing not mention they're the launch models. It's a shame though that the boxes are kinda in bad shape.

Sony PlayStation 1 JP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am happy to say I am now a proud owner of the launch schp-1000 from japan.

Sony PlayStation 2 JP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love owning the first launch models even if they have their own set of problems, but the heatsink would say otherwise. It is so cool with it's conductive pipes and it's giant heatsink it's such an intuitive design. However for now I only use the SCPH-35000 for gaming as I have yet to buy a 2.5 hard drive for my sata to ide adapter. So that way I can use it with my SCPH-18000.

Note; Three of those boxes have consoles in them while the other two are displayed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love owning these beauties except for their fair share of problems they bring along with them. For example the DESR-7700 has a ton of Japanese television shows stored on the hard drive. But I have yet to find a way to extract them or get hold of a device that would allow me to do such a thing. I didn't even discuss the worst part about it that is the hard drive is tied to the motherboard and the chip responsible for this has yet to be decrypted/cracked.

Other than that you start to realize you now own what was once considered a luxury and ahead of time when compared to what was out in the market at the time. Also let's not forget it paved the way for XMB and the digital age we know today. After doing some research on pc.watch.impress.co.jp I learned that Ken Kutaragi was pushing for the technology we've grown a custom to. In the early stages of the PS2's life cycle he was truly a visionary cough GSCube.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Syclopse likes this.
  3. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 3
    6. Video Game Accessories:

Sony PlayStation 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was so hard to get a hold of I rarely see it up for sale. It does make a noticeable difference when pairing it up with an old CRT computer monitor. Also as an added bonus it's compatible with the PS2.

Sony PlayStation 2

[​IMG]

When I first saw that promo memory card holder I knew right away I had to bid on it.
    Another item that is hard to obtain and if you somehow mange to get your hands on is the linux kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A work in progress to be continued.​

4. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 4
    7. Video Games:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Microsoft Original Xbox ^

Nintendo SNES

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I haven't played this wonderful game in such a long time. I really need to beat again.

Sega Saturn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sega Dreamcast
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sony PlayStation 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Syclopse likes this.
  5. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 4
    Sony PlayStation 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This software is interesting it walks you through the process on how to create your very own game.
    It comes with a manga and three books that gives all information you need to get started.
    I have used it here and there, but haven't made anything substantial with it as of recently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really do appreciate you for taking the time out of your busy day schedule to browse my thread it means the world to me.

Note; Moderators if I for some reason I broke one of the forums rules please notify me right away and I will change whatever it is I needs to do to resolve the issue, Thank you.​

Syclopse likes this.
  6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I like that grey PSX you got there

7. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Thank you it is the PSX DESR-5100/S (S = Sliver) these were made in limited quantities. If my memory serves me correctly there were only a total of 100,000 PSX's ever manufactured all together though I could be wrong. It's a shame it did not sell well mainly because of competitors constantly comparing it and saying it was lackluster. On top of that they kept pointing out it's weakness in it's capabilities, & putting their product down. Also the initial price point did not help considering it was mainly targeted towards the upper class.

What can I say it's japan a competitive country you either sink or swim. If it wasn't for that they would've produced the blue, red, & yellow edition and maybe more like they originally had planned on doing before canceling it due to poor sales. Even though they had marked it down quite a bit.

8. M54B25

M54B25 Spirited Member

Very nice collection!

Shuji likes this.
  9. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

All these items presented were purchased four months ago. I was just too lazy to take any photo's of them.

Part 5.

6. Video Game Accessories:

Sony PlayStation 2 - Pt.2

All Three SCPH-10220 + DEX-H10040, DTL-H10010, and SCPH-10190

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was looking through some of Sony's old advertisement papers and noticed that they released a SCPH-10220CW. From there I managed to track one down. While it is something else I personally prefer the midnight black edition.​

3. Japanese Computers;

NEC Mobile Gear II - MC-R500

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've always wanted a pocket computer mainly because they take up very little space.
    That being said I mainly use it for controlling my DTL-T10K through RS232.
    In order to do serial I had to find a compatible Windows CE MIPS 4000 Software.

There are many other expansions available even wifi given you have the right PCMCIA Type II Card.
    One thing I did expand was the memory storage I partitioned a 4GB compact flash with FAT16.
    From what I've read and seen you can even install linux. Though I've yet to test this out.

10. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 7
    Sony Vaio - SVZ11311AJ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After contemplating for sometime weather or not this laptop would fulfill my needs.
    I ended up choosing this laptop and I am glade I did. It is a premium laptop made by Sony and
    It's Made In Japan. Unlike their affordable/lower budget laptop which are made in Made In China.
    Not mention it's also made out of carbon fiber which was an additional cost just like the hardware options.
    All in all it's a very stylish laptop. You can look at these photo's to check out it's specifications;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sony External Laptop Graphics Card - VGP-PRZ20A

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the specifications;

Ports 1 x HDMI
    1 x VGA
    1 x USB 3.0
    2 x USB 2.0
    Graphics Card Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon HD 6650M
    Graphics Video RAM: 1GB dedicated
    Optical Drive Blu-ray Burner & Player
    Ethernet 1000BASE-T / 100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T
    Power Battery Type: VGP-AC19V46
    Input Voltage: AC 100 - 240V
    Output Current: 6.2A
    Output Voltage: DC 19.5V
    Dimensions 5.8 x 0.6 x 8.7" / 14.7 x 1.5 x 22.1cm
    Weight 1.5 lb / 0.7 kg

It is capable of playing such games as Borderlands 2.
    The Frames Per Second count was I believe near 60 so not bad.
    It can also do 3d modeling fairly well.
    In addition it has very nice vertical stand that it comes with.​

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  11. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Hello, recently I was fortunate enough to acquire a special development unit.
    So now in a year's time, I legitimately have a reason to update my collection thread.
    During that time-frame, my interest had heavily changed as I was more involved in
    projects of my own, being fanatically responsible and selling any unnecessary consoles.

The "special development unit" I will be showing could only be leased for a week before being sent to the next studio. Also, it gave the user the chance to understand how the hardware was being utilized as well as giving him or her the ability to monitor and sample data to analyze the operation status. So if you haven't already guessed it is a performance analyzer for the PlayStation 2. UnlceJun was kind enough to sell me his unit which I am forever grateful since UncleJun has given me this wonderful opportunity I plan to make use of it which I've already been working on a few things. In fact here is a list of the end-goals I've written down though they may expand over time, as of now however this is what I'll be doing:

1. Carefully disassembling the entire unit and photograph each expansion board. [Done]
    2. Documenting the noticeable hardware differences between the Toolkit and the PA. [In Progress]
    3. Learn why there are only two PCI slots instead of four like the Toolkit (Debug). [Done]
    4. Gather the necessary datasheets for every main IC soldered onto each expansion board.
    5. Log what can be done with Aprobe and experiment with different game titles. [In Progress]
    6. Log how well Shadow of the Colossus, Dot Hack Infection, and PS2Linux was optimized.
    7. Log the NETHDD's behavior as well as DTL-T14000 differences which I own.
    8. Report back the Network Analysis Suite test results.
    9. Compare CodeWarrior Analysis Tools (CATS) - Metrowerks Hierarchical Profiler
    10. Compare Metrowerks Analysis Tools Construction Kit (ATtaCK) framework
    11. Create a well-organized thread discussing what I've learned by exploring its abilities.
    12. Write a guide on how to connect a Toolkit to an affordable logic analyzer.
    13. Create a simple beginner cross-platform game for the PS1 and PS2.

The majority of them should be accomplished with little to no effort except for the last two.
    Oh, I cannot elaborate too much on the game idea I have other than it'll likely be text-based.

Here are the photographs that I am willing to show for the moment as the rest will remain private.

Part 1.1

1.1 Performance Analyzer Hardware

Sony PlayStation 2 - DTL-T15000 (PA)

Front - Peripheral Ports
    [​IMG]

Power & Reset Buttons
    [​IMG]

Left Side Panel
    [​IMG]

Left Side Enclosure
    [​IMG]

Left Side Enclosure Damage
    [​IMG]

Back Panel
    [​IMG]

Back - I/O Ports
    [​IMG]

Mohawk
    [​IMG]

Mohawk Underside Damage
    [​IMG]

The damage you saw comes from the first time after it was shipped to UncleJun received back
    in 2014 if I am not mistaken. It is a real shame that some people don't know how to properly package
    them as it's not that difficult so long as you have the right materials and the patience.

Metal Panel Removed
    [​IMG]

Pardon the mess, but as you can see it is very compact with the original equipment in place.

PSU & HDD Replacements
    [​IMG]

You'll notice by looking at the photo that both the Power Supply Unit (PSU) and the Hard Drives (HDDs) have been replaced for the form factor and the reliability. If are wondering the PSU is a Corsair SF600 attached to a Silverstone ATX to SFX PSU Bracket - RL-PP08B while the compact flash cards are Lexar Professional 800X 64GB CompactFlash UDMA 7 connected to an IDE to CF adapter containing my private copy of the Red Hat 6.2 - Zoot "PS2 Software Development OS" (SBC HDD) and the other being WorkStation OS "PS2Linux - Toolkit Kernel" (NETHDD). Another project I've yet to discuss as advancements haven't been made since last year.

VGA Monitor - Network Screen
    [​IMG]

Another surprise will be awaiting next week so look forward to that.​

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  12. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

Part 1.

1. Development Hardware:

Sony PlayStation 3 - Reference Tool (DECR-1000A)

Debugger Mode
    [​IMG]

Self-diagnostic Program

[​IMG]

Software Version of CP

[​IMG]

Boot Parameters
    [​IMG]

Front Panel

[​IMG]

Left: HDD(DEV) | Right: BDEMU HDD
    [​IMG]

Top Metal Enclosure
    [​IMG]

The Seller's Product Serial Number
    [​IMG]

Back Input & Output Ports

[​IMG]

Bottom Metal Enclosure
    [​IMG]

Target Manager - All
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It has already been a month since I purchased this enormous development unit for way less then it normally goes for considering I got it with the best offer of $60 and $43 for shipping. I bought it from an electronic recycling company on eBay called human-i-t and the unit itself did not include any Hard Drives. Not to mention the EXT USB, as well as the CF slots, seemed to have suffered some damage. I've read this is sometimes intentionally done by development studios. But I wasn't concerned about it not having the HDD's installed since I already had a spare HDDs laying around. When it arrived I unpacked it, plugged the unit's power cable in, pressed both the HDD ejected buttons (powered off) to insert the Hard Drives in their correct slots, and lastly reconfigured the CP settings by pressing down on the reset button located on the Front Panel Switchboard while briefly pressing the sysinit button. Afterward, it asked if I wanted to format the HDD(DEV) so I did and XMB booted up with no issues whatsoever.

I first began by installing Rebug Toolbox to preserve the lvl1, lvl2, & flash nand once that was done I downgraded the firmware to 3.55 then I reflashed the firmware again with rebug 4.82.1 DECR LITE. This allows me to use multiMan which according to the main processor's temperatures, the RSX idles at 37° while the CELL idles at 51°. Also, since I changed the boot mode from DECR to DEX with Rebug Toolbox it now has the ability to play PS1, PS2, PS3, & PSP games. But in all honesty, you'd be better off getting a retail unit or a DECR-1400A to play games.

The most interesting part about this unit is when I successfully booted up XMB for the first time and as it went to the game section it showed Fuse was inserted in the Blueray Drive. Immediately this caught my attention and I was very excited to see if it was an official disc or a debug disc. So I ejected the disc and to my surprise, it was a rewritable build disc.

[​IMG]

XMB - Submenu
    [​IMG]

Fuse - Start Menu
    [​IMG]

Fuse - Main Menu
    [​IMG]

Fuse - Debug UI
    [​IMG]

The menu has a ton of options that allows the user to modify just about anything you can think of. I've tested a good amount of them. However, I still need to somehow extract the overstrike.self to look into the DebugUI code. If anyone knows of a way please do tell.

As for what I've done on my DevPC I've installed the SN Systems tools so I can use Target Manager. Although I still have yet to set up the SDK in Linux to compile the samples included with PS3 SDK 4.75 nor have I gained full access to the CP's Linux files. For now, I do not have a list of what I want to accomplish with this machine due to the system's overall complexity. Though from what I've read as long as developers were to build the game from scratch it wouldn't be nearly as hard compared to porting a game for instance. Still, according to Mark Cerny, it could take nearly a year to produce anything worthwhile though this could've been due to the lack of documentation and software back then. If you want to gain more insight on the matter you can watch this video link: The Road to PS4 | Mark Cerny talks at Gamelab 2013

I suppose later on I will work on setting up the SDK and reading the manuals before alternating the samples source code to see what I can do with them as I did for the PlayStation 1 which was fun. Afterward, I'll see if I can't write a standard script.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    uyjulian and Syclopse like this.