Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Review copy question

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by 1UP, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 1UP

1UP Member

I am not really sure where this should be posted so I am hoping I was right in posting it here.
    I have a buddy (He has tried to register here but his account won't activate or whatever I am not sure) who was looking into buying (what I am assuming) is a review copy of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. The problem is (and I could be very wrong about this) is that the Disk ID is the same as the retail copy SLUS_209.11. Based on screenshots he has sent me. (The seller sent him some screenshots of the file list).

The main reason this is of interest is because there is a folder with network plugins and from some research I did, there were early version of the game that had LAN play.

I don't think this is a fake but it just seems weird to me that a review copy has the same ID but has different files than the retail version. Has anyone ran into this before?

Retail file list
    [​IMG]

Potentially the review copy
    [​IMG]

Network IRX Files
    [​IMG]

AntDRAG likes this.
  2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

IDs can be solidified months before the game comes out. I cant speak of whether or not this is real past that, but ID being the same isn't necessarily an indicator.

1UP likes this.
  3. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

I think it is okay. My TOOL had a pre-release disc left inside, which had the same ID as the final game.

But as usual, the discs for this console are hard to validate as being authentic or not.

1UP likes this.
  4. Foas

Foas Prototype Enthusiast

Looks like a review copy to me, The network irx's are probably just leftovers from earlier in development as I'm pretty sure Nocturne was already out in Japan at the time of this build, but who knows, pretty cool build though, if we're lucky it might even have some early localization stuff.

1UP likes this.
  5. limbofunk

limbofunk Active Member

Did your friend wind up purchasing this?