Sharp and blurry at the same time....WHAAAAA?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Aug 5, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I got my old original Region free Dreamcast working again after my SEGA Sports Dreamcast decided it didnt want to recognize controllers anymore. So I Frankenstined the two together. So I got to play games I haven't been able to enjoy in nearly a decade again. But noticed something playing Guilty Gear X the Image was at the same time both sharp, and really blurry. Stuff like Crazy Taxi and Project Justice look great with my Framemiester 1080p Settings and Guilty Gear X looked good but there's room for improvement. I'm guessing it's because I'm using S-video? Saturn S-video looks great, Super Famicom S-Video looks great. Dreamcast is Really nice to still nice but kind of blurry while sharp at the same time.

Reds also seem to over saturate, Bison/Vega and ken in Street Fighter alpha are a solid red and I have to mess with a few TV and Framemiester settings to get some details shows. This is both on my Dreamcast and Saturn. The Street Fighter Collection on Swtich doesn't present such over saturation.

Time to Upgrade my cables? Solaris Japan DOES have a Selecty 21 Sale going on right now........

Time to get one of those Akura adapters?

I'm assuming that all these things I'm seeing are simply just the limits of S-video. Great on an Old TV, but just Alright to great on a modern TV and never excellent.

2. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

All S-Video output is not equal.

However does that port run at 240p though or 480i?

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

If you have a framemister, why aren't you just using rgb into it?

4. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

For one thing it's really only my Dreamcast and Gamecube The other thing I found was my settings sucked and no RGB Cables for either. I'm using a Gamecube that only has AV Out as well not the digital port.

I'm pretty sure I'm running 480i on both. My Super Famicom is going off that circuit and into the D-terminal port with HD Retrovision cables.

I'm not sure what's up with certain shades of Red, they seem to bleed and over saturate.