Shadowhawk [SNES]

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by badinsults, Sep 24, 2016.

1. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

Flash, Krayzar, MetalliC and 5 others like this.
  2. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Wow, that's over 10 years from initial sale to finally being public. At least it did eventually get out there, though.

Thanks!

3. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

OK, I was right to suspect the game was hacked. I just received the unhacked version of the ROM image, I will try to have it up later today.

Edit: I just updated the article, it now includes the unhacked ROM image. The hacked bootleg version fixes this annoying problem with getting knocked back every time an enemy hits you. For playing, I would recommend the hacked version.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    zinyui44 likes this.
  4. zinyui44

zinyui44 Member

Its awesome this is out there now! Funny thing is it was learning about the whole RCG deal that got me to buy the Shadowhawk comics :D

5. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Good stuff man. Thanks for the link.

6. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

You are missing some parts of the story here here. One at the start and also lots of the drama at the end to that story. One important part that is missing is the tiny space between when the initial seller 1st posted on DP and when he sold it to me.

At first the former Image employee posted these ideas of seeking out someone who would dump it and even running a public auction on DP. He did post all the things that he is said to have posted. However, he either didn't like the offers or needed quick cash or who knows what else because he went back on this plan. There were people on DP who were willing to buy this prototype and release the ROM. I was never one of them. He contacted me (not the other way around) and asked for a quick sale. I was under no obligation to first buy his prototype and then release the ROM and simply would not have been interested if I was.

There were times when I did toy with the idea of a physical release. However, I was unimpressed with the game and not knowing a single thing about getting this done it was always shelved for another day. Turned out it was a very good thing that I never did.

badinsults and Borman like this.
  7. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

Yeah, the bootleg release was a real clusterfuck. Valentino is part of the group that left Marvel because they wanted control of their creations, and it must really have irked him that someone was making money off his property. Not to mention that the hack they did to get the game in a playable state really was not enough to give it the polish need for a fun game. You dodged a bullet on that one.

8. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

Trust me I know all too well........Someone actually called me about it.

This was the second time that I received a phone call over an unreleased prototype. The first time was when Blizzard lawyers called me over an unreleased Diablo for Gameboy prototype that I sold on eBay.

In this case they (not even sure who called me) mostly had questions for me. The letter which can be seen online was signed by a former Image employee and backed my version of events.

9. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Hah didnt remember that someone called you over that one.

finalkillcams likes this.
  10. ESM

ESM Famicom Disk System

Thanks for sharing