Service Menu access for CPS Changer games

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by Eviltaco64, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

To an extent, CPSC is CPS1 running in AES mode.

Could service menu access be a disabled option within the roms?

If accessing it from a CPSC is unlikely, could the roms be patched to trick emulators into reading them as CPS1 roms?

Reason for the topic - it would be interesting to find out if CPSC Street Fighter Zero has a sound test like every other Street Fighter game on CPS[x]. The sound quality is great for CPS1, rather different from the CPS2 version.

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Guardian of the Forum

The comparison to NeoGeo MVS/AES isn't really valid. CPS titles were not programmed to have an Arcade/Home toggle.

If you wish to listen to the audio from the CPS1 version of SFZ you can use one of the jukebox style audio emulators. Perhaps the M1 arcade audio emulator supports it. It may in theory with assembly knowledge and hacking be possible to reach the sound test menu in the CPS Changer version.

3. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

It's the best comparison I could think of to describe the basic home/arcade differences in few words.

Thank you. The interest is not in listening to the audio, but accessing it (among other things like input, difficulty, credit settings, etc) in a possibly existent service menu.

4. sneek

sneek Newly Registered

I thought it was the "Select" button on the famicon controller that was effectively the test menu. I'd have to pull it out and test to 100% confirm.