Selling 1.5

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by PSM, Nov 19, 2010.

1. limited-edition

limited-edition Active Member

release beta/proto version on web (not are piracy in any case) is really only preservation (piracy be are only for RETAIL games) but that game are unfinished (or just a promo copy from un-stable version) and is legal! ;)

however... are 2010!!! people!!! :D how is really legal on web?

2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Technically speaking, it is still illegal. It is still copyrighted code and artwork that you dont have the rights to. Proper preservation has yet to be achieved in any meaningful manner, someday I think it will be the case but now its just holding onto data until that day comes.

3. Max_XX_ou

Max_XX_ou Intrepid Member

all the time , we are speaking about that game , that we will never get !!

4. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Ok, don't get me wrong, I am a big RE fan (up to nemesis. and the REmake. 4 sucks) and I also love betas. Honestly though, what is the big hype over this 1.5? Is it the fact that so many of us know it exists "in the wild" from PSM's gameplay, and the almost nabbing from ASSEMbler? What exactly is making so many people go crazy for this one beta when I'd go ape shit for hundreds of other possible betas first?

This is not trying to insult any RE lovers as I know some members seem solely aimed at that, I just truly don't see the hype.:nod:

5. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

Well CrAzY, It was an almost completely different game to the final product and the fact that it was 80% finished does say a lot. Another reason would simply because it's a Capcom game of which the series is popular with many people. The thing is there are a lot of fans who just want to play it and then there are the collectors who want it for it's monetary value. If 1.5 was readily available, and suddenly someone discovered a Biohazard 3 Beta then people would be all over that instead. Like you there are other beta versions of games which I would love to see apart from 1.5 but It has a major priority on my list. :thumbsup:

6. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  7. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

No no, let me rephrase what I said, "What makes yourself interested in 1.5?"

I don't want to hear your opinion on why everybody is so interested in it, but instead your own reasons.

8. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

For myself, it is because I am a big fan of the Resident Evil series combined with the fact that 1.5 is a prototype and I collect rare and obscure games. Also it would be awesome to hack this game, to see what else it possibly hides. :flamethrower:

9. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

Hacking the game would be an afterthought for me. The game is such a divergence from canonical version of RE2, that 1.5 in and of itself is like a hack. What is the game hiding that we could discover? the story. the weapons. the dialog. the map. every aspect of the game.

10. shenmue19

shenmue19 Member

I've want this game for one reason. It's the Resident Evil 2 that I saw on my very first PlayStation Underground disc. I remember seeing it in 1996-97 and it still looks awesome. If this comes up for sale again, I'm willing to donate to the cause. :)

11. comicbooknerd

comicbooknerd Spirited Member

3k!? Has any proof of this one materialised yet?

12. Kushami

Kushami Member

It's kind of interesting, but Capcom betas are sold here all the time. I think Assembler was selling a preview build of RE5 even, or something close to that. You'd think they'd go after watermarked builds and such of more recent games before this one. It's one of the reasons I always take anything said about 1.5 with a grain of salt... even the legal threats seem like hype to jack up the 'value.'

I honestly wish Capcom would release it as a bonus on some kind of collection just so people would be quiet about it and the right people (i.e. those who paid for production) would get the money.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  13. Robert_Kendo

Robert_Kendo Guest

it would be nice to hold 1.5 some day in my hands..who knows :)
    its 2011 now,new year,new luck!!!

@Kushami;It was a review he sold,not a preview.I was the one who got a bh 5 preview!!he he..nothing special with this game

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  14. Tyree_Cooper

Tyree_Cooper Peppy Member

I don't think Capcom really care about this 1.5, do they? Has this game been sold to a member here or was it all a big December hoax?

15. Robert_Kendo

Robert_Kendo Guest

yep,capcom istn planning to release this game...to bad....

16. djandy76

djandy76 Peppy Member

I've also secretly held out hope that Capcom would one day release it as an unlockable extra in one of their games, just like film directors often throw outtakes and other cut material into the special features, despite the quality often being lower than in the finished product, but development houses aren't really into distributing incomplete builds of their software and it would represent a rare nod to the fans.

17. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Sorry, but why the fuck are we still talking about this?!?! That's what the OP wanted, and look - he's got you all falling into his lap.

It was a hoax. Ignore it.

18. GManWillis

GManWillis <B>Site Supporter 2012</B>

Looks like PSMuseum really is selling all of his shiz. Check this whopper out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStatio...0716636294?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cb3ec2886

I like how he puts toward the bottom,

Includes Youngblood game if it's not sold by the time this auction ends. If it is sold, another substitute unreleased game will be included (at seller's discretion, guaranteed not released). Potential for another unreleased game with design document to be included. "No, none of the unreleased games are of the horror genre." (Most likely meaning BIOHAZARD 2 PROTOTYPE.)​

He seems pretty set on getting some $$$ for his collections as they have all been set at ridiculously high prices, then re-upped for less. Maybe now is the time to try and setup a 1.5 deal. Just sayin. ​

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  19. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

TBH I'd be happy for the seller to keep the disc so he can jack himself off to it and think happy thoughts.

I enjoyed playing resident Evil 1,2 Code Veronica and 5 but I have no mental erection to play 1.5 - it would be nice but not $3000 USD nice. I haven't even bothered to play RE 3 or 4 yet @ $3 each :p If it wasn't a hoax I'd chip in though but as the alleged seller is banned it is a moot point...

20. CanOfTheRelics

CanOfTheRelics Rapidly Rising Member

He sold like all of his stuff few years ago.
    Seems like he likes to overspend his money.

Also, sometimes it is funny when in his facebook page in middle of his articles someone mentions 1.5, and that message after short while is deleted. Maybe he has some kind of ban for releasing futher info.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011