Sega Saturn Magazine's Top 250 Saturn Games (Japanese)

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Madroms, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Madroms

Madroms Robust Member

After Steve posted the Top 50 Saturn Games of the european Sega Saturn Magazine ( http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=183869 ), I thought you will want to check the japanese Sega Saturn Magazine (or SatMag) 's Top 250 Saturn Games.
    So here it is:
    http://www.satakore.com/satmag.php :thumbsup:

You will see it is not the same type of games at the first places. Japanese people are really found of RPG and Adventure games ;-)

SatMag is a famous magazine in Japan. 945 games have been rated/ranked by the magazine and its readers during its life.
    All of the rating/ranking are reproduced on Satakore.com on each game's page. Also, some games haven't been rated (about 120 of them).

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

What is it with all the big "Come and view Satakore" posts today? This is the 3rd one I've read. Aren't you guys getting enough visitors or something? I would have thought Satakore would be quite popular.

Yakumo

3. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

250 games and no Deep Fear? The most cloniest clone of any game that I've ever seen?

HERESY!

4. Madroms

Madroms Robust Member

What is YOUR problem with Satakore.com ? What is the purpose of your post ? Are you trying to start a flame war ? What a so puerile behavior.

If you don't have anything to say about this topic, keep your remarks for yourself and go away.

-------------

Deep Fear got only a 7,9859 / 10, so its rank is 395 / 945
    There are a lot of good games (for us) not on the first 250.

5. Yakumo

Ooh, someone is in a touchy mood today aren't they. calm dowm :nod: All I was wondering is why your last 3 posts point people to Satakore. I have nothing against the site, it's a good source of information. It was just a bit odd that you harldy ever post at assembler but recently you made 3 posts pretty much after each other that mention Satakore.

No flame war, they are pointles as are the people who take part in them.

Nothing against the site.

Just a question.

Yakumo

6. Madroms

Madroms Robust Member

Just because there are some posts talking about Saturn lately and because people ask for some information that could be found at satakore.com. As simple as that. So I provided a link where they could find what they are looking for. There is nothing odd about that.
    If you can't understand/think about that by yourself, I can't do anything for you, but stop making aggresive posts as you did at the beginning of this thread. That's so lame.

7. Yakumo

Well, I'll leave this here. Either you are in a bad mood or have something against me or just can't understand my post. Nothing aggressive was meant or anything against the site. Just a question as I said.

Yakumo

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  8. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Damn, Yakumo found the exposed nerve and played Ride of the Valkyries on it without knowing. Seriously dude, you're overreacting if you think he's here to start a flame war in such a calm fashion. Your agressiveness is unwarrented and is a reaction akin to a dog stuck in a corner.

It does seem interesting that all 3 posts would be to the same site if you're not an avid poster.

9. Madroms

Madroms Robust Member

sure...
    Yakumo's post was sarcastic and aggresive without any reason and without any relation to the post I made.
    Closed.

Now please talk about the REAL topic. If you have any question about the top 250, I am here to try answering them.

10. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  11. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

yea, I second Druid II, and I ll bet my money that Yakumo is a better kisser:p

12. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Barc0de

English versus French, that old war eh? figures, Yakumo used diplomacy!lol

14. Yakumo

hahahaha, I tried to kiss but no go. Let's just leave it at that.

however we all know the Japanese have some very errotic actions. After 8 years here I'D like to think some have rubbed off on me :lol:

Yakumo

15. Fonzie

Fonzie Peppy Member

I can kiss madrom for you if you want ;)
    Ok, sorry for the offtopic (two offtopic post in two day, not good ^^).

I found the ranking very interesting because its really shows the impact the saturn had in japan ... We missed lot of titles seems ;)
    If the ranking was made in europe/usa, it would have been a deal with nights, daytona, virtua fighter 2...
    I did not know that langrisser was released on saturn... the langrisser 2 on megadrive is simply great... Maybe saturn is a must buy system, then :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  16. Barc0de

The Saturn is an amazing machine that I really like. Just as the Dreamcast after it, the Saturn held alot of potential that was perhaps hindered partly to internal politics of the company, a sloppy hardware configuration (the power of the Saturn was 'large' in cumulative situations, but often hampered by bottlenecks when it came to what you can or can't do)

I still love my Saturn, and I wish I had more games for it:(

17. HKFAN

HKFAN Spirited Member

All Japanese Saturn games have been rated by Sega Saturn Magazine. No exceptions!

The list you have put up on your page shows the readers ranking! It's the final edition printed March 31st 2000, right? Readers rated their favs on a biweekly basis. That is why so many fan favourites like Eve Burst Error, Yu-No or Machi are high-ranked.

Btw, the game with the most top spots on the readers charts was Death Crimson. It held no. 1 spot 69 times! :lol:

Kindest,

HKFAN

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  18. Yakumo

Just goes to show that the Japanese like shit games just as much as the west :lol:

Yakumo

19. HKFAN

HKFAN Spirited Member

Maybe there is some hidden quality in the game which we cannot see. ;-)

Who knows...

20. Yakumo

I doubt it :lol:. I own it along with a lot of other "Kuso" rated games. I think the only reason it's so popular is because it's so bad. The DC Death Crimson games are better (well OX is) but they aren't even half as popular. I guess it's a good way to get a cult following in Japan. Make a game sooooo bad that people want to play it just to see how bad it is. No only is it bad but also very difficult.

Yakumo