Sega Saturn Laser Calibration

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by KoroKoro, Sep 12, 2018.

1. KoroKoro

KoroKoro Member

Mr Bad: What sort of keywords do you search for? I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly. If you can help me find one on ebay, I could just buy one and stop pestering you with questions :p btw I PM'd you a few days ago. Do I need to use that link?

I recapped the main board over the weekend too. Gotta love it when you accidentally install a cap backwards :p
    After completing the repair, the CD drive still sounds like its struggling a little bit. I might swap the old laser back to see how it copes.
    I'm really not sure how I can adjust the laser on these JVC drives though... There are only 2 trim pots, a heap of test points, none of which are the same as whats in the 1995 service manual. I can't even find VC on this board... Probably one of the numbered test points (they're numbered 1 to 6 iirc)

I guess if this forum isn't the best place to get saturn information, which forums would you guys recommend? Racketboy seems to be dead these days... shmups forum? sega-16?

2. KoroKoro

KoroKoro Member

Bad_Ad84, I pm'd you a little while ago. Did you have any luck? If you're too busy / not interested, just let me know so I can find other donor chips/mobo

3. KoroKoro

KoroKoro Member

Well, that's disappointing :(

4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Just not got around to it. Sounds like it's best if you try and source elsewhere as a favour is low priority and will only get done when I can

5. KoroKoro

KoroKoro Member

I was prepared to pay for your time... But it's ok. I'll just have to source some donor boards from somewhere else. Can you recommend any good places?