Sega Dreamcast: Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles Beta [Bananabreak]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by LeGIt, Feb 23, 2013.

?

Red vs Blue

1. Thanks Bananabreak!

78.6%
  2. Thanks Bananabreak!

21.4%
  1. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Ola chaps

Sorry for the delay between releases.

I've been quite skint and distracted since mid-November so many projects have been delayed or put on hold, plus the Christmas and New Year didn't help.

I've also had some issues with a firmware update buggering up the Windows 7 install on one of my SSD's, so I had to format to get my PC usable again, which meant I lost a lot of data. I should also point out I had no other means to move or backup the data nor any money or means to do so quickly, so in my rush to get my PC operational I lost everything.

Luckily I have the use of an offsite backup to a mirrored array and Banabreak's releases are safely squirrelled away for another day.

Anyhow, back story out of the way, what have we got for you here?

As the topic title states, Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles for the Sega Dreamcast. The files are untouched, lifted directly from a Sega Dreamcast HKT-0120 Katana HDD. The majority of the files are similar or the same as the retail release, but there are at least two different versions of the title screen, an extra cut scene and what may be there peirce de resistance, when performing an undelete / recovery of the HDD some german language files for what I believe to be an unreleased, or at least poorly documented SKU were discovered too.

I have been in two minds of how to release these files. Originally I wanted to place the files inside a GDI and release it that way for people to extract and use as they would with any other dump, however I have ran into technical problems using faster methods and my own preferred manual style would take a lot of full time work to get done any time soon.

Failing that I wanted to release the files as a CDI, however the CDI version would only ever boot in nullDC as the file size is ridiculously large, thus way out of spec for burning to CD-R. Even if the game was downsampled, the assets are pretty large, but also, even after all of that it would only cover one version of the game and not the undeleted, unreleased or poorly documented SKU so 2 versions would have to be released.

As I have had the files for a while, had my format, redownloalded the files and sat on them for another several weeks without touching them and I intend to format my PC again, I figured bugger it. Release them as is. The inegrity of the beta is presrved in one form. Those who want to play the game can do so quite easily unpacking the retail version with -=FamilyGuy=-'s selfboot data pack and replace the retail files with the beta versions, repack and enjoy. You may learn something too ;)

I had originally uploaded the files a week ago but changed my mind before creating the post as I still wanted to have everything perfect off the bat but I can't forsee myself getting around to it any time soon, though I'd do it sooner if my development PC didn't suck argh! Anyhow the Katana & other equipment required to make access the files cost several hundred pounds. I hope the expense is appreciated, even if the current presentation isn't.

This is a Bananabreak release. Bananabreak are a group of Beta owners looking to release discs anonymously so I am serving as the public face (even if it is like a slapped arse!), but if there any thanks the anonymous members deserve them too!

I'd best get cracking as Windows 7 doesn't install itself. Have fun!

EvilTwin Katana recovery [Bananabreak].rar (782.9 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!SM1AEAKK!ZX2FvBs4gA9uKbmq7zBmgUfwf_tKT0akatNN95LbOSM

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

Thanks now I have something to do today!! If anyone needs the tools to handle the audio/video for this let me know I have them.

3. mazonemayu

mazonemayu Robust Member

great stuff :triumphant:

4. Blai

Blai Enthusiastic Member

Cool!

Now all we need is atreyu187 mastery to make a proper release :D

Thanks LeGit and Bananabreak staff

5. neoblast

neoblast Robust Member

Thank you very much :)

Oh, Hi Blai ;)

6. atreyu187

Almost done with my rip but I am having to make a custom sort order since this came from a HDD not your typical GD-R.

7. LeGIt

The sort order is 99.9% retail. Just use notepad on it. Or you could use the info from the GD Workshop files. I had self boots up and running 3 or 4 months ago but for the aforementioned reasons I didn't post them.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. atreyu187

Thanks for the heads up I figured that would be my starting point for sort order. Add new files in and then use Dark Falaz sorttxt indexer to get it all in a proper order. Think it will all fit with only very minor downsampling. Taking audio to 32k stereo using the latest sox to guard against clipping and volume reduction and just taking the video to a reasonable bitrate. Side by side I cant see any difference but the audio is much better then the scene 22k stereo with CBR. The VBR on the WAV files made a good amount of space alone then cutting it from 44k stereo to 32k stereo made most of the needed room, but there is zero room for a dummy file. Both sessions must be used as well as file re-linking to gain a few more precious MB. I will also put out an untouched 99min release as well.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  9. LeGIt

It will possibly shoehorn in, but I see that as reasons not to bother as it will both sound and load like shit on a retail console but if you don't touch it and make an oversized selfboot it over a retail copy it will work fine in NullDC. Alternatively one could just copy the contents to a Katana HDD, relink to the files in GD Workshop project and voila!

RaZiel likes this.
  10. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Thanks Legit, great to see some more Dreamcast on the boards!

11. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I'd love to see some videos or screenshots if anyone has any :)

13. Blai

Blai Enthusiastic Member

Can anyone reupload please?

EDIT: nevermind, found the link at prototopia

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Omar likes this.
  14. thedoctor45x

thedoctor45x Member

Since all links to this file are dead, can anyone who downloaded the original please reupload it somewhere before the site goes down and its lost for good?