Sega CDX noise in the picture?

Discussion in 'Sega Discussion' started by Jeppex83, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jeppex83

Jeppex83 Rapidly Rising Member

yeah.. I opened the console yesterday and found that there is some shielding that I need to solder out before I can get to the PCB. I did not get any further. And I did the most common mistake too. I opened the screw that holds the spring of the CD cover. It was easy to put back but at the first I was like whatta fuck I did that the CD cover not work anymore... Need to be very careful with this thing..

2. Jeppex83

Jeppex83 Rapidly Rising Member

I've got some great news! I finally figured what cause the scrolling waves..

I was thinking that today I will change the caps of the power PCB. Ok everything went fine. I opened the screws, desoldered one spot that holds the shielding, desoldered two wires of the main PCB and lift carefully the main PCB off. I wanted to be sure that I know the values of the capacitors before I go in to the store. Ok everything went fine, I write down the values, hopped to my car and then I figured: Today is not monday, it's Fucking Sunday and the store is closed today...

I went back and assembled the console back, put the tv on and I was like wow.. Scrolling waves has gone nearly away. (There was a little scrolling waves but almost 5 times less than normal). So I took the bottom part of the console and put the power on and now there was huge waves on the screen. So the issue must be shielding problem..

So there is now a much less scrolling waves on the screen. They nearly disappeared, but the next question is: How to make shielding work better? I used some sandpaper to make contacts better of the shielding and the bottom part of the unit and I screw the screws very tight, still I can see very little waves if I focus on them. Do you know how to make shielding work better?

Thanks guys, I appreciate very much the help you have given!!

EDIT: By the way. If you have CDX console do you have waves on the screen if you screw the bottom part of the unit off and start playing with console? I am not mean the shielding part. I mean the metal part that has 4 screws in it.

EDIT2: There is still these lines. I don't know are they smaller than as they were first.. :(
    On the next week I will change the Power PCB capacitors. Hope this fix this or then this is shielding problem..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012