Sega 32x.Mcd.16bit Unreleased

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by rod_wod, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I've seen it mentioned before that Core Design initially planned for Tomb Raider to be a 32X project (along with Shellshock, I recall), but it quickly evolved into a full-blown next generation development with the Saturn its lead platform. I'm not sure if the original engine supported quads or was completely remade following its switch of console, though considering how delayed the final product became I'd guess a lot was changed to accomodate easier porting between Sega's hardware and the PlayStation/PC versions.

3. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that xmen game was canned due to licensing issues. It certainly had potential and it looked like they had ton of art assets already made. It really would have been successful, but the 32x was just too limited.

4. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

As far as I know X-men is being released soon, following up on Virtua Hamster. :)

5. saturndual32

saturndual32 Active Member

I remember reading that the engine was similar to 3DO Road Rash, polygonal enviroments with some spirte based objects and prerendered vehicles. I am algo pretty sure that Heavy Machinery started as a Mega Drive game called Nitro Wrecks which suppousedly was really impressive, but i have never been able to find any screenshots of it. Damn, Game Fan previewed a very complete version of this game, were are the protos?
    I think Amok also started as a 32X game, and again it was suppoused to be very impressive for its time. Maybe Scorcher for Saturn also started on 32X.
    Isnt the Hulk game for Playstation and Saturn using the engine of the 32X X-Men game?, i think it did, and that would mean that X Men would have probably sucked, hehe.
    Damn i am going by memory here, i dont even remember where i read this stuff.

6. saturndual32

saturndual32 Active Member

Funny, 32X fans say that Tomb Raider might have started as a 32X game, and Atari Jaguar fans say the same thing about Tomb Raider on their console, hehe.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. Druidic teacher

x

8. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

Yes you do!
    It wasn't released, at least not officially and for sale. The rom was dumped ages back and has been on the pirate scene for years. But no official release.

Interesting. Same people?

9. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Ya, segasaturno.com again. And there's also going to be some other "surprise" along with X-men. Whatever it is it sounds like it must be something people have wanted for awhile or something. Hopefullywe get word of it soon :dance:

10. cyberguile

cyberguile Dauntless Member

it was released in the us but got canceled europe

11. DrDoaK

DrDoaK Robust Member

Fido Dido wasn't released anywhere.

I've got loads of mag scans about of unreleased MD/MCD games, I'll throw some up when I get a minute.

There's a decent list of unreleased games for the MD that me and a few others were working on a while back here:

http://forum.sega16bit.com/index.php?topic=131.0

12. wheelaa

If you're talking about FD...then it really wasn't released in the US, or anywhere.

Of course saying that you'll no doubt post up piccies of it and I'll eat my hat! But until then it wasn't released imo. I've never seen a legit copy....

Edit..the above is a reply to Cyber at the same time as Dr lol.

Defo unreleased though. I did a load of research on this a while back when I was thinking of buying one of the protos. Went for a pirate instead as the price wasn't great for a dumped cart.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  13. DrDoaK

DrDoaK Robust Member

Even if a complete copy of Fido Dido did turn up, it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't released. It was finished for sure, so there probably is a boxed copy or two floating around, it just never got published.

14. wheelaa

Well actually I disagree. A complete legit copy would throw too much doubt on matters for me at least to feel comfortable with the unreleased assertion. Does 10 know legit copies of a game mean it was published? We assume yes, and rightly so I believe. But then where the hell would the rest be. Plenty of games like that as you know.

Interesting. Hope they didn't drop much on X-Men as I was going to stick up a freebie release of the copy I have pretty soon. (read..when I cba!)

15. rod_wod

rod_wod Fiery Member

I saw a box scan of fido dido im sure it was for sale genesis copy.

16. wheelaa

I've seen scans too. And for numerous other games that weren't released. Like Virtua Hamster and X-Men. I've got a couple of legit inserts for other unreleased games. It wasn't released. (until you find a stash of copies ;) )

17. Druidic teacher

x

18. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

I remember seeing previews of fido dido and anxiously waiting for it to come out. Thought the hand drawn character was cool at the time.

That list you got on sega16bit Dr. Doak You list super star wars and it having a preview in a sega magazine. By any chance do you got a scan of that preview?

19. Knuckles500

Knuckles500 Spirited Member

Wesker would've posted this eventually, but I couldn't wait to share it!

X-Men 32X has been released!

http://www.hidden-palace.org/?releases/1094

You can't emulate it though, only playable on actual hardware. :\

20. wheelaa

Shame.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009