NOTICE SECURITY NOTICE - everybody read

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by retro, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage Active Member

Very informative I never knew of a special second verification and that you can check your email from being pawned thanks for taking the time to post this!!

2. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

Late to the party, but here is a small primer by xkcd on choosing a good password:

https://xkcd.com/936/

CodeAsm likes this.
  3. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

i just got this: "Description: In approximately September 2015, the XBOX 360 forum known as XBOX360 ISO was hacked and 1.2 million accounts were exposed. Along with email and IP addresses, the vBulletin forum also exposed salted MD5 password hashes." My primairy email was in there, so im gonna change passowrds again and and start 2fa

HEX1GON likes this.
  4. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Many gaming sites have been hacked since 2015. A few of the top of my head, Not all of which are on HaveIBeenPwned.com

Xbox-Scene.com
    3dsiso.com
    pspiso.com
    dev.dota2.com
    360icons.com
    Abandonia.com
    AimJunkies.com
    Arma3-Life.com
    ArmyForceOnline.com
    BandaNaimcoGames.com
    Habbo.com
    Minecraft.net
    DDO.com
    DLH.net
    FlashFlashRevolution.com
    Game-Tuts.com
    And many MANY more.. (Some of these breaches are even unreported!)

This is why you should NEVER reuse a password. And if you're lazy person at least change the damn email pass to something different.

Hackers are trying to hack you 24/7, If you're not going to protect yourselves then I'm sorry but you kinda deserve to be hacked. Gone are the days you can use 123456 on a million sites.

If you're still using the same pass CHANGE IT, NOW. > https://www.strongpasswordgenerator.com/

Did you know a password is pretty much like a door key/car key nowadays? If you don't want your prized car being nicked or your house being robbed change the locks (aka passwords)!

CodeAsm likes this.