Screens from my collection

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by VerticalE, Feb 14, 2018.

1. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Since I am getting rid of a bunch of stuff I thought I should post some screens. I won't bother if I can't find any differences from retail and will only try to include stuff I think are interesting. They are posted in the following order:

- Jerhico (PS3) - The "75% Build"
    - LocoRoco (PS3) - "DungaDunga" version
    - Heavy Rain (PS3) - Move Edition E3 2010
    - Conflict: Global Terror (PS2) - "Global Storm"
    - Peter Jackson's King Kong (PS2) - Work in Progress build
    - Aliens (PS2) - Climax Tech Demo
    - F1 2012 (PS3) - Devdisc 07.08.2012
    - Micro Machines V4 (PS2) - March 30 2006 Preview
    - Darkwatch (PS2) - 10.06.2005 Preview
    - Alone in the Dark (PS3) - October 2008 Review
    - Highlander (PS2) - Climax Tech Demo
    - LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - WIP Demo
    - Homefront (PS3) - SP Preview Rev# 233147
    - Popolous: The Beginning (PSX) - Early Alpha
    - Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (PS3) - Devdisc
    - Crusty Demons (PS2) - ALPHA.249
    - Elveon (PS3) - MS10 Production Build
    - Ace Combat X (PSP) - UCET-00626 0.04 16.05.2006
    - Superbike 2000 (PSX) - Alpha Candidate 63
    - Carmageddon Championship (PSP) - Build 0.11.956
    - Gun Showdown (PSP) - ULUX-80211 TESS 014090
    - Ghost Rider (PS2) - Version 13273
    - ATV: Quad Power Racing (PSX) - Build 120
    - Spongebob Squarepants: Supersponge (GBA) - Milestone 8a

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    DSwizzy145 likes this.
  2. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Jerhico (PS3) - The "75% Build"

I really enjoyed this game on PC a few years back, even though it got rather poor reviews. I cannot remember if the levels or gameplay are any different, but this build has got a lot of really interesting debug features.

Jerhico 1.PNG Jerhico 2.PNG Jerhico 3.PNG Jerhico 4.PNG Jerhico 5.PNG Jerhico 6.PNG

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

LocoRoco (PS3) - "DungaDunga" version

I haven't played this title (neither retail or this version) more than a few minutes, but as far as I can tell only the title of the game is different.

DungaDunga 1.PNG DungaDunga 2.PNG DungaDunga 3.PNG DungaDunga 4.PNG

4. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Heavy Rain (PS3) - Move Edition E3 2010

I've been trying to dig up information about this version and from what I can gather this is the version used on the E3 floor. It was not released publicly. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view it) I don't have any move controllers.

HeavyRainMoveE3 1.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 2.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 3.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 4.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 5.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 6.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 7.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 8.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 9.PNG HeavyRainMoveE3 10.PNG

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  5. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Conflict: Global Terror (PS2) - "Global Storm"

Seems close to retail as far as I can judge but the name of the game got changed before release. A really poor game so I can't stomach to play it very far.

Conflict GS 1.PNG Conflict GS 2.PNG Conflict GS 3.PNG Conflict GS 4.PNG

6. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Peter Jackson's King Kong (PS2) - Work in Progress build

An early preview with some of the levels being available straight from the main menu. "Work in Progress" is printed on screen. Lots of movies lack sound. Animations are unfinished/weird at times. The game itself has a really awesome atmosphere that somewhat reminds me of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (a favorite of mine). This build also has a demo reel listing lots of upcoming features in the game.

King Kong 1.PNG King Kong 2.PNG King Kong 3.PNG King Kong 4.PNG King Kong 5.PNG

7. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Very cool! Have these been dumped at all?

8. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

9. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Aliens (PS2) - Climax Tech Demo

This is a tech demo that was shopped around in the hopes of finding a publisher willing to shell out for a licensed game. The demo runs incredibly smooth even though there can be a great number of aliens (dogs for the initiated) on-screen at once. There is only a small section available in the demo with options to increase/decrease the amount of aliens, turn on/off an alarm as well as slow-motion and some debug background color thing. Unfortunately it did not result in an Aliens game.

Aliens Tech 1.PNG Aliens Tech 2.PNG Aliens Tech 3.PNG Aliens Tech 4.PNG Aliens Tech 5.PNG

10. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

F1 2012 (PS3) - Devdisc 07.08.2012

I'm not a big racing fan but this game is rather neat. The build is from about a month and a half before release, so I would reckon just about all the content on there is just about the same/close to release.

F1 2012 1.PNG F1 2012 2.PNG F1 2012 3.PNG F1 2012 4.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  11. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Micro Machines V4 (PS2) - March 30 2006 Preview

Now this is a rather early preview, at least judging by how unfinished many of the levels appear to be. I haven't played this type of game since RC Pro Am on my Gameboy, and I think I actually preferred that one. This game is rather poor - on the other hand, this version of it is so different from the retail version that I am very glad I bought it. Levels are missing parts of the geometry so you can see straight through objects. A proper preview like a preview should be, in other words.

Micro Machines V4 1.PNG Micro Machines V4 2.PNG Micro Machines V4 3.PNG Micro Machines V4 4.PNG Micro Machines V4 5.PNG Micro Machines V4 6.PNG Micro Machines V4 7.PNG Micro Machines V4 8.PNG Micro Machines V4 9.PNG Micro Machines V4 10.PNG

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  12. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Darkwatch (PS2) - 10.06.2005 Preview

A majority of the data is from 10.06.2005 (the game was released 16.08.2005) although there are also quite a lot of data marked 2004. I didn't play very far in this rather crappy FPS and I was unable to find any debug menu - or anything else that looked non-retail for that matter. This is a preview disc though and there are bound to be some differences from retail.

Darkwatch 1.PNG Darkwatch 2.PNG Darkwatch 3.PNG Darkwatch 4.PNG Darkwatch 5.PNG Darkwatch 6.PNG Darkwatch 7.PNG

13. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Alone in the Dark (PS3) - October 2008 Review

This is the last press release before the final PS3 version. Since the PS3 version is a port of the Xbox 360 version (which released several months earlier) the differences are purely of a technical nature. This review version gives immediately access to all levels of the game without the need to unlock them.

Alone in the Dark 1.PNG Alone in the Dark 2.PNG Alone in the Dark 3.PNG Alone in the Dark 4.PNG Alone in the Dark 5.PNG Alone in the Dark 6.PNG Alone in the Dark 7.PNG Alone in the Dark 8.PNG Alone in the Dark 9.PNG Alone in the Dark 10.PNG

14. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Highlander (PS2) - Climax Tech Demo

Just like the Aliens tech demo, the Highlander one was used to shop around for a potential publisher. Unlike the Aliens one though this demo allowed the user to run around a small level. The player is able to attack with a sword and there are two police officer NPCs which you are able to attack. There is also a free fly-mode as well as a scripted camera flying sequence that can be triggered. There are two known different builds of this tech demo and unfortunately no game became of this.

Highlander 1.PNG Highlander 2.PNG Highlander 3.PNG Highlander 4.PNG Highlander 5.PNG Highlander 6.PNG Highlander 7.PNG

DSwizzy145, arnoldlayne and _XBOX_ like this.
  15. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I did a good breakdown of what Highlander was. Glad to see you sharing images of stuff :)

16. N!NJA

N!NJA ├čanned

I wondered where this build ended up. thanks for sharing the images!

17. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - WIP Demo

When you first start this demo you are presented with a quite unfinished demo level that contains some review quotes and scores from various magazines. Everything is rather bland and lacking color and have this cardboard look. Once that level is finished you are presented with a world selection screen and it is not possible to return to the original "marketing" level (unless you delete savegames). I've only played the first proper level for a few minutes so I don't know how much differences there is from retail. The demo is a little over 1GB.

LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 1.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 2.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 3.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 4.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 5.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 6.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 7.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 8.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 9.PNG LittleBigPlanet WIP Demo 10.PNG

18. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Homefront (PS3) - SP Preview Rev# 233147

I really like this game (even liked Frontlines, the first one by Kaos) and this is a Preview of the first chapter. It is dated 1/14/2011. Managed to find a fly/no-clip debug feature by connecting a USB keyboard. I forgot which key it was, but it was one of the F# keys. You can press it whenever the player has control (meaning not in a cut-scene) and it lets you fly around the map. You can also activate a debug console, but I was unable to find any console commands.

Homefront SP Preview 233147 1.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 2.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 3.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 4.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 5.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 6.PNG Homefront SP Preview 233147 7.PNG

19. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Popolous: The Beginning (PSX) - Early Alpha

This is a really early alpha of Popolous: The Beginning (disc is marked "Popolous 3"). When the game first starts up there is no menu, just seemingly random colors flashing on screen for a good while. You then jump straight in the game. I have no idea what is going on but from what I can tell most of this game is far from finished. There is an in-game menu. The game lacks sound.

Poplous The Beginning 1.PNG Poplous The Beginning 2.PNG Poplous The Beginning 3.PNG Poplous The Beginning 4.PNG Poplous The Beginning 5.PNG Poplous The Beginning 6.PNG Poplous The Beginning 7.PNG Poplous The Beginning 8.PNG

_XBOX_ likes this.
  20. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (PS3) - Devdisc

This is an entry I would have to update when I get more info. The game installs, but apparently I need a Playstation Eye to play it. I'm guessing I also need move controllers. Whatever the case may be, the disc itself is slightly interesting. Although the game is only about 1GB the disc itself is 22.5GB. Reading the directories it looks like LBP2 is on there as well, but it doesn't show up on the disc menu. The title of the disc is "-" (a single dash). It contains the installer and a bunch of video tutorials - as well as an empty icon (see screenshot) that doesn't do anything. The disc content looks like it contains LBP2 on there as well. Unfortunately the disc has some issues. It takes forever to read and I got stuck at 96% when I tried dumping on the PS3. Luckily the Sackboy game installs without problems. I'll update when I have more info. In the meantime, here is a full dir-dump: https://pastebin.com/6EuQjaCW

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves 1.PNG Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves 2.PNG Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves 3.PNG