SCPH-10x Board Revisions

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Hornpipe2, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Hornpipe2

Hornpipe2 Newly Registered

Having a hard time sorting out the board revisions on the PSone (aka PSX slim). Wikipedia has them broken down by model number, which only corresponds to external appearance and not the board inside. I think most people care more about the PSX gray instead, there's a lot more detailed info inside.

Wiki says there are three board revisions, across all four SCPH-10x models. Those are:
    • PM-41
    • PM-41 (A)
    • PM-41 (2) (A)
    Does that mean there is no PM-41 (2) without an A? Do some boards only appear in some regions and not others? PAL got two firmware revisions w/same model number, JP got two models entirely (-100, -103) and USA everything falls under SCPH-101.

Once we get these sorted out I'm going to start asking about what the difference is at the firmware / board level :p

2. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I think Wikipedia is just wrong - the only boards called out in Sony's documentation are the PM-41 and the PM-41(2), with various dash numbers. There is an (A) printed on the board, but it doesn't appear to be part of the board number.

The difference between the SCPH-100 and the SCPH-103 is that the 103 has an English boot ROM and outputs "US style" NTSC (I.E. the black level is at 7.5IRE rather than the 0IRE that NTSC:J uses) - the use of the English (I.E. US) boot ROM also means that it doesn't have the secondary territory protection that the SCPH-100 does.

Hornpipe2 likes this.
  3. Hornpipe2

Hornpipe2 Newly Registered

Interesting! Well that clears up a lot. Where's the Sony documentation you mention? I'd like to correct Wikipedia but do it with an "official" source.

Mord.Fustang likes this.