Saturn - Heart Of Darkness...

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by saturn_worship, Aug 1, 2007.

1. saturn_worship

saturn_worship Intrepid Member

Well well, how to start this...

Anyone here got pics or certain info about this unreleased game? what are the chances of an existing beta?

I saw some pics back in the day, but i think there were rendered ones.. anyone saw ingame pics or video??

And why the hell it didn't appear for Saturn??? :rolleyes:

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

The British Sega Saturn magazine had crap loads on this at one point so check for someone with those magazines.

Yakumo

3. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

Despite the amount of coverage Heart Of Darkness received prior to its cancellation as a Saturn game, no code has ever surfaced... but that's not to say prototypes aren't out there!

4. sirmosh

sirmosh yeah?

Was on the cover of a fairly early issue I remember, wish I hadn't left all my complete magazine collections behind whilst moving house or I'd have scanned some stuff.

5. saturn_worship

I saw that cover...but damn...any saturn footage almost on VIDEO????

cheers!

6. Omar

Omar Robust Member

I just asked Eric Chahi, he said:

"J'ai peu de chose à dire concernant la version Saturn d'HOD. Il y a eu si je me souviens bien, un mini proto de demo, avec quelques écrans et le personnage du jeu que l'on pouvait déplacer dessus, mais c'était très loin du jeu final. Bref pas de quoi écrire un paragraphe ;)"

Rough translation:

"I've got little to say about the Saturn version of HOD. There was, if I remember properly, a mini prototype demo, with a few screens and the main character who could be moved over them, but it was far from the final game. So, not enough to write a whole paragraph about it :)"

7. saturn_worship

Thanks Omar for the info..would be really cool to get that prototype... and nearly impossible also xD

8. Rixalis

Rixalis Rapidly Rising Member

Who knows a lot of games have taken years for the proto to be released maybe someday it will be at least we know there was something maybe there was something beyond that however it doesn't seem to have the greatest chances.

9. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

Sega had a deal in mind with Amazing Studios for a Saturn exclusive. When the game was still in development in late 1997, well the chances of it being released on the Saturn became slimmer and slimmer untill the European Saturn market ended and the game was finally ready for release (as a port from the PC original, probably)..typical.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  10. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

Heart Of Darkness featured quite often in SSM around the same time it was also hyping NiGHTS, though I had no idea development - and deal with Sega - stretched out way beyond this period. Other games from a similar time frame that never saw the light of day include Wild 9 and Sonic X-Treme... but considering where I'm writing this I probably don't need to say much about the latter!

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  11. saturn_worship

what about wild 9?? what was about that game?