[Saturn] General unreleased games overview

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Mr. Saturn, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Mr. Saturn

Mr. Saturn Rising Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. Bomberhead

Bomberhead Gutsy Member

Awesome! Now only if we could archive all these games.

3. synbiosfan

synbiosfan Spirited Member

Very interesting list you've compiled there...bookmarked:thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing!

4. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

nice, I'm going to take a look at that site right now.

Yakumo

5. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Robust Member

Abe's Odyssee was also down for a Saturn release, does anyone know if development was started?

Also, what's the difference between the two catagories?

As a side note, I would be willing to contribute to help see any of these titles avaliable.

6. BM-Viper

BM-Viper <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

according to google translate:
    In the first table, it lists all games that have been over the years announced by developers themselves, the publishers at major events such as E3 or in magazines for the Saturn will get, but then (although partially complete) but have not yet canceled or but (found through interviews with former managers) were never really planned for the Saturn.

In the second table, find their place all the games that are not yet on Saturn appeared on any other platform.

Finally, a short list of titles that helped during the development phase has a different name and are therefore considered one or the other as an independent, non-published game, although this is not the case.

7. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Good job!

Me too! I probably have informations about some of these games.

8. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Very good list although I have my doubts whether some of those unreleased games were really meant for Saturn or not.

EDIT:
    Might I suggest to include Steamship Pirates by Neverland Company in the list.
    It was planned just for Saturn even.

The publisher would have been very likely ESP.

EDIT2:
    And maybe Prawler...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  9. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Robust Member

Yeah, it would be interesting to know which ones are known to have actually started being developed, which ones were essentially completed (Return Fire, Chill, Fighting Force, Reloaded and Syndicate Wars were all completed, the latter lacking only the FMV intro).

It wouldn't surprise me if other Gemlin games were completed (such as Actual Golf 2). Apparently they weren't too pleased about the mediocre reviews of their games (Actua Soccer Club Edition, Hardcore 4x4, Blam Machinehead etc.) and pulled Saturn support in the summer of 1997, despite Reloaded being completed and a demo even appearing on Saturn Power magazine in the UK.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  10. Mr. Saturn

Mr. Saturn Rising Member

The first table are games, which were announced for Saturn and were released for other platforms (N64, PS, PC, etc.) and the second list are games, which were announced but never appeared on any system.

In the detailed info sites for each game (i will add more from time to time) you will find a selfmade Saturn Cover (how it could have looked like), some screenshots and a video (preferably from the Saturn version if available), some statements from the developers/publishers (if they answered me) and ISO-Downloads of leaked games (as a mirror and database).

Additionally i try to give a guess, how far the Saturn development was by measuring the answers from the persons i spoke to and by looking at the Previews/Reviews of some magazines.

11. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

I agree with Celine: some of these games have never been planned on Saturn. For example, Ecco was just rumored since a footage has been shown at the 1994 summer CES, but it was a cinepak video which run on 32X. Ed Annunziata has confirmed it was only a technical demonstration.

Battletech: Gray Death Legion
    developed by Absolute

Dark Ride (aka Darkside)
    developed by Rocket science games

Jet Ski Rage
    I guess it was developed by Velocity

The Lawnmoner man
    I guess the publisher was Time Warner Interactive
    Sales Curve Interactive (SCI) was the developer, as for the 16bits versions.

Rocket Boy
    developed by Rocket science games

The sacred pools
    I doubt it was meant to be published by Segasoft since Segasoft has been created by Sega and CSK in order to publish games on PC.

Sonic Saturn
    According to Sonic retro, only the bonus game was a billard game.

12. Mr. Saturn

Mr. Saturn Rising Member

Yes, but he also said, that the videos were used to sell the idea of a 32X/Saturn game - and when such videos are shown at the CES, what else should this be than an announcement or what else should the press and the Saturn gamers think? So in my opinion the game has to be in this list.

13. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Maybe it has been shown in order to "sale" the machine to publishers and developers.
    Panzer Dragoon was just a demonstration before Sega decide to make it a game. Same thing for Jumping Flash on Playstation. On 32X, a few videos have been shown only to demonstrate the power of the hardware. I don't think Sega has ever planned to release Megalopolice on 32X. However, a few journalists thought Sega would release it.
    About Ecco, I guess Sega wanted to show the water effect more than the dolphin. Back in the day, it was the kind of effect everybody wanted to see. Remember why Nintendo has developed Wave Race on Nintendo 64.

Maybe you're right, but from what I've read, I can hardly believe it.

14. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

I've just read that after Sega bought parts of Rocket Science, Rocket Science's games were meant to be published by Sega.

15. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

16. Mr. Saturn

Mr. Saturn Rising Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011