Saints Row: Undercover (Unreleased PSP)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by VerticalE, Jan 29, 2016.

1. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

2. wombat

wombat SEGA!

This is something you don't see everyday! Kudos for Volition in caring and sharing this time testament!

3. EETFUK

EETFUK EETFUK

This is a great thing!

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Site Supporter 2014

Amazing!

5. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Thanks,
    but seems like this ISO would not work on any retail psp (somebody can test it on dev unit?). That weird because all of the previous releases:
    • Killzone Liberation "preview 0.01"
    • LocoRoco 2 (debug version)
    • Silent Hill Origins "beta demo"
    • Sonic Rivals 2 "test sample"
    They worked perfectly on any PSP. No matter how much RAM the unit has. There is something unusual in this release? BTW works on ppsspp emu.
    issue solved, it works

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I have it partially working on a retail unit. Working out some issues still. Those other games were typically dumped from UMDs, this was not.

SILENT_Pavel likes this.
  7. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Like I said in another thread, I've gained a lot of respect for Volition over the past few days. I've always enjoyed their games (The Punisher and Saint's Row 2 being my favorites) but I wasn't aware of how respectable they actually were. While I could be proved wrong later down the road, I certainly hope not. I'll probably give this a try with an emulator.

8. deadhutn49

deadhutn49 Member

ye wired

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  9. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

I saw the stream anouncement and they were using the XRGB-Mini and the quality looks exactly the shitty PSP tv-output + XRGB-Mini. So i dont know where is the problem.

Havent tested myself tho.

10. Borman

They used a development tool.

11. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

I saw the dev unit but then they filmed the XRGB-Mini. I have seen the image through that scaler and it looked pretty much like the first video. I havent seen the streaming, if they recorded it already.

12. Borman

The PSP output is just bad, regardless of how it is done.

13. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Here is solution:

retail units:
    will not work on (i mean menu works, in-game - crash): PSVita ARK/TN-V
    100% works on: PSP-2000, PSP-3000, PSP-E1000, PSP-Go
    • with UMDGen delete the eboot.bin that comes with it and rename the boot.bin to eboot.bin (save as new uncompressed iso)
    • (i had virtual/temporary CFW 6.60 PROMOD-C1 (C1f3) installed on my PSP-2000)
      delete modules of your CFW with old CFW installer or something similar (depends on your firmware provider, version and status)
    • now we are back on the OFW. System Settings -> Restore Default Settings/Format Memory Stick (backup if needed)
    • install 6.61 OFW
    • install 6.61 lme 2.3 (virtual/temporary version, minimum edition Jan 21, 2015) http://www.mediafire.com/download/y0yzmy1iu3av541/release_661lme2.3.zip
    • start LME Launcher and change this item in VSH Menu: UMD ISO MODE - ME driver (all others PSP/Recovery settings leave as default , all plugins disabled)
    • copy your modified ISO file to your PSP and start it. To pass the first logo screen: press Start + X buttons many times during booting. Done.
    Note - some steps could be unnecessary/different depends on your psp specs. You can skip second step if you're on 6.60 OFW. Maybe 6.61 firmware update is unnecessary. This steps were succesfully tested on PSP 2000 and 3000. This information will be updated during more tests. Thanks to "Cubyan" from unseen64 for eboot advice and to "Derrik_Gotu" from pspx forum for tests on psp-3000.

UPD: works on PSP 2000/3000/Go and PSP Street E1000 (if using 6.61 LME 2.3). Recovery -> advanced -> advanced config -> unlock extra memory -> enabled.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    BadSpencer1986, MBMM and Kao like this.
  14. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

so is there a retail enabled version of this?

15. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

i burn it put in DTP-1000A , but it say "can not be read" any idea how to fix it ?

16. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

DVD images usually use 4 IMG files burned to the DVDs which contain the UMD auth and the layers data. You need to rebuild it using the official SDK's UMDGEN.

17. jamespoo

jamespoo Peppy Member