SA-PARTNER

Discussion in 'Sega Saturn Programming and Development' started by Shane Battye, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Shane Battye

Shane Battye Rapidly Rising Member

Anybody aware/have a copy of this tool for the Sega Saturn Sophia Programming Box? I have the manual only (JP) and none of the software.

Appears to be a DOS debugging tool; references connections between Sophia SCSI and RS-232C with the PC. Distribution was on a floppy with setup and configuration files.

"Introduction
    SA-PARTNER for SEGASATURN (SA-PARTNER) was developed as a tool for efficient debugging of programs developed in C language (HITACHI SHC.GUN GCC) and assembler on SEGASATURN PROGRAMMING BOX
    SA-PARTNER Supports data reference of structures, unions and arrays, and it also makes it easy to reference and change C data by inspect, watch, view, and other functions.
    In addition, since debug information can be secured in EMS extended memory, programs with massive debugging information can be comfortably debugged."

Some pics of the manual are attached.

Attached Files:

antilosa, Shane McRetro and DeChief like this.
  2. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

Thank you for pictures. Interresting information! I sought in my folders, sorry I don't own SA-PARTNER program ...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 8:26 AM
    Shane Battye likes this.
  3. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

Shane Battye, do you have actually a debugger for Sophia?

I realize I don't have one.

4. Shane Battye

Not really; one of mine came with a Psy-Q cartridge, SCSI and PC card but that's all. I have one that had the SH-2 on slave, PGA on the master and all the components for a Hitachi E7000 except for the E7000 and POD. Another of mine has that small 'debugger' chip and serial out on the rear over the BIOS. I haven't actually attempted to do anything with them yet as I only just fixed the boards to get video out..
    There's also that front SCSI port which is mentioned in the SA-PARTNER manual... but I don't have the software.

5. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

Thank you for your answer. Mine is complete with VCD card but cable is missing. My friend Gerry works for build a new one, thanks to your help!!

I got an E7000 but not the PGA adapter. Is that piece you are talking about when you say "all the components"?

Could you provide a picture of it?

6. Shane Battye

Attached Files:

7. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

I got the pod but it's not to the good one (HS7030EPD70H). Can you provide a PGA picture?

Attached Files:

8. Shane Battye

Here's an unused set (in bag) and a used set (stack of 2 on top of bag)

Attached Files:

Cat man likes this.
  9. antilosa

antilosa Rising Member

Thank you! Do you know if I can still buy it somewhere?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 7:37 AM
  10. Shane Battye

Do you mean the POD or the PGA? The PGA would be incompatible with your POD, you need the Sega Sophia specific POD. I've been looking for a long time for a Sophia E7000 and POD; they're very rare. I'm happy to sell you a PGA if you ever need one.