Roms of the Cancelled Kirby games for NGC?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by FlutterNutterSupreme, Aug 21, 2017.

1. FlutterNutterSupreme

FlutterNutterSupreme Member

Been looking for these for a while now as there was over four different Kirby games (excluding Air Ride) that were developed to all be on GC, but sadly were never released . Many of said games seemed far into development and even had many of their assets ported over to future Kirby titles such as Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii). I was hoping that someone was able to at least find and save one of these games. Hope to find at least something about these lost games as they would have been wonderful additions to the GC.

Kirby games developed for GC
    • Kirby Adventure E3 2005 (also known as Kirby GCN, and Kirby: Legend of the Stars)
    • Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble 2 Spaceworld 2001
    • Kirby GCN 3D (First fully 3D Kirby title)
    • Kirby GCN 2D (Traditional Kirby title that was planned to be only on GC)
    Thanks again for any info!

basicaneer, KGRAMR and Segafreaknz like this.
  2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Nintento IPs are insanely protected. The sheer idea we have a dump of the E3 Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) is amazing to me.
    If these did find their way out, I expect it to be another case of SM64 prototypes, and since it was HAL that would have worked on these I really don't see these getting out at all.

Perhaps one day but anytime soon I dont expect.

3. FlutterNutterSupreme

Yeah your right about Nintendo :/ its a damn shame though. There have been *can't confirm 100% on all claimed on the internet* a few break through 1st party prototypes like Metorid Prime 3 E3 2006 build and hopefully some brave soul will finally release the 2001 Space World iso of Luigi's Mansion. But like what you said it will take time, but it's always a good idea to keep a watch out :)

PS: I had no idea about the Super Mario 3D land dump that's amazing! Wonder how that person was able to ever get a hold of it?

4. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

It's not NGC-related but, can i add the Kirby Air Ride 64 build to the list as well as Kid Kirby :) ?

5. FlutterNutterSupreme

I was more of the lines going just for Gamecube collecting, but seeing how I just asked for just Kirby betas I would be more than happy to have those added to the list lol

KGRAMR likes this.
  6. jonwil

jonwil Robust Member

They wouldn't be ROMs for a GameCube game, they would be disk images (either from a GameCube Optical Disk or from one of those hard disk based development cartridge things)

7. FlutterNutterSupreme

Yeah I know :/ unfortunately by the time I saw what I had put in the title it was to late. But anyway post still stands of seeing if anyone has a prototype of any of the cancelled Kirby games during the gamecube era and even the late 64 era

8. Glitchy5

Glitchy5 Member

There is no way we can get kirby gcn or any of those becasue nintendo or hal are really protective but hey did you know there are still models and textures in kirby return to dreamland that are from kirby gcn i made a video on it

9. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

their are a few SM64 prototypes in the wild, i know a guy that atleast owns one, and ive got things like a near final NFR cart

10. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Woah woah woah, wait a second there. Question in regards to gentleman that you know who has one: any idea what build it is? Also are there any differences between the retail and the near final NFR cart you have?

EDIT: Scratch that, off topic. To bring it back I wouldn't mind checking out the early N64 version of Air Ride. I thought that game was pretty neat.

11. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

my NFR cart is basicly final, their may be some debug content eft in the rom, and about the SM64 prototypes, we can discuss it in DM's.