Rock Band: Unplugged [Alpha]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by DevHackr, Jul 14, 2016.

1. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

Kao, verne94, Storm360 and 13 others like this.
  2. Storm360

Storm360 Member

Anyone had any luck getting this running? I can't seem to extract anything but USER_L0.IMG aand the files I can extract from it too is giving me errors (sadly... the files where differences are most likely to be too.)

Few things I noticed

This build is from before the game was known as Rock Band Unplugged, it is referenced internally as Rock Band 2.

The setlist seems to have changed alot in this build from retail

"3s and 7s" "Buddy Holly" "Gasoline" "Holiday in Cambodia" "The Killing Jar" "Kyrptonite" "Laid To Rest" "Message In A Bottle" "More Than A Feeling" "Move Along" "Mr Brightside" "Painkiller" "The Perfect Drug" are missing in this build, but present in retail, the missing songs outside of "Painkiller" are from either Rock Band DLC or were introduced to the series through Rock Band Unplugged, I suspect these songs came at a later date when Unplugged was being moved away from it's Rock Band 2 roots.

"Alabama Getaway" "Almost Easy" "Anyway You Want It" "Bad Reputation" "Down With The Sickness" "Eye Of The Tiger" "Feed The Tree" "Feel The Pain" "Give It Away" "Go Your Own Way" "Lump" "Panic Attack" "Pump It Up" "Ramblin' Man" "Round and Round", "Tangled Up In Blue" "That's What You Get" "Typical" and "You Oughta Know" are present in this build whereas they are removed for the final retail version of the game, with "Feed The Tree" and "Typical" recieving DLC releases on the Playstation Network. The unreleased songs are all from the console version of Rock Band 2, so they may have been cut in an attempt to try and seperate Rock Band Unplugged from the console version.

If anyone has any info on how I can get into the games files and hopefully make this playable, let me know, I feel the .txt files may be a goldmine

pato likes this.
  3. pato

pato Resolute Member

Interesting, it even predates the announcement by 4 months.

Either Unplugged was made on top of Rock Band 2 or as you said, it was meant to be an port but ended being an original game.

4. Storm360

Storm360 Member

My current theory is this release was meant to be similar to "Rock Band 3" or "Lego Rock Band" on the Nintendo DS, I just wish I could get into the games files and take a better luck, all I have access to is the movies folder and the music folder (up until The Trees, everything past this is corrupt), also, no way of trying to rebuild either iso's missing files with the retail versions, I just get crashes, I also tried some file swapping with the original DLC but it causes the song to disappear from the game when edited in any way.

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I'll take a look at it when I get home tomorrow. Should be trivial getting it to work on retail hardware.

6. DirkDagger

DirkDagger Robust Member

I don't think that will be any troubles to run this one.
    We need just as usual complete I.SO like posted here:
    http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/play-psp-beta-preview-titles-in-your-retail-psp.18795/
    (From 1 to 4)
    And than just FiX it like posted here - same algo:
    http://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php?page=forum&op=browse&thread=2519

Also will download it tomorrow and try to run on my PSP 300X 6.61 [L]ME 2.3. :)

BTW, DevHackr
    If U can, please post quality photo/scan of DevDVD.
    Just want to preserve it with an .ISO. Thx.

verne94 and SILENT_Pavel like this.
  7. Storm360

Storm360 Member

Thanks for the links, i'll try them tomorrow, I don't have a retail PSP in fully working order sadly so I'm using PPSSPP here to try work everything out. I'm pretty big on the RB games, so it's pretty awesome to have the chance to explore such an early build.

8. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

10.12.2008 -> 17.03.2009
    RB-psp.png

UPD:
    RB-psp-dbg.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  9. verne94

verne94 Spirited Member

After looking at the links above, I still can't get this to work on PPSSPP. Can someone upload a patched version? Thanks in advance!

10. Storm360

Storm360 Member

Got it unpacked, you can get it working in PPSSPP by playing around with settings although sadly doing so removes the venue from being displayed, leaving only the note highways, so far every song is actually fully charted it seems along with containing the full multitracks, they actually threw alot of work out in the switch from Rock Band 2 to Rock Band Unplugged.

I'd like to try get an actual PSP to look into this properly, any suggestions on what the best model to get is and also on how to record the video output?

11. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

The best one would be a early 2k model but since that would be hard to find a PSP 3000 is best and use remotejoylite to display the screen on your PC for recording.
    A PSP Go is also nifty but not everyone likes those.

12. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Thanks for the release! Most PSP development debug discs have two disc images burnt (two separate layers). Those two files must be joined in-order for the game to properly work on an emulator or any other non-debug PSP system.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the working files:

Someone please mirror this as the link will be destroyed within 24 hours.
    https://mega.nz/#!Dk9hyazS!KeJgonLFmXA8gyrRelirr6FF3p-opDJC2g0Jm05nmfo

Cheers.

DevHackr likes this.
  13. fate6

14. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm glad you got it working, I didn't understand the format at all

15. jed

jed Newly Registered

16. fate6

Downloads fine for me and for a friend of mine so IDK.

17. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

I just purchased a DTP-T1000 with a disc of this game inside. I am still investigating but I can upload it shortly if the OP is okay with this?

18. fate6

It's already public home slice, why would OP care?

19. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Wasn't sure if it's the same or not....

20. fate6

I mirrored it a couple posts up so you could check if you want.
    Never actually played it so no idea if it had a version number anywhere.