Rizzo Island Dreamcast Game Will Be @ Retropalooza!

Discussion in 'Game Development General Discussion' started by rizzoislandgame, Sep 23, 2018.

1. rizzoislandgame

rizzoislandgame Member

hey there guys!
    I’m the head developer of the game Rizzo Island, a new 3D platformer for the Dreamcast and PC!
    On 9/29-30 we will have a booth at Retropalooza in Arlington, Texas! We will have a demo setup for people to play, and will be having a contest on each day in which whoever gets the best time in the first stage of Sonic Adventure 1 will win some exclusive merch!

The demo will also have a never publicly released level included in the full game playable from the showroom floor!

If you are in the area, check it out! Anyone who donates to the game at the convention via cash or PayPal will get an exclusive con promotional poster!

2. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

@rizzoislandgame you know man, your game might not get a lot of attention or make a lot of money but:

you're doing your project like a pro, taking it to conventions, releasing multiple demos, exclusive memorabilia, being involved in the scene and keeping us updated, on a console you love. your mind and your heart is in the right place, and your passion shows. keep your mindset no matter what, and i have little doubt you'll be quite successful in the gaming industry in one form or another

keep it up my dude

Anthony817, Nully and arnoldlayne like this.
  3. rizzoislandgame

rizzoislandgame Member

thanks my man! really appreciate it!

TerdFerguson and Anthony817 like this.
  4. Anthony817

Anthony817 Fiery Member

Yeah, people might not post but that doesn't mean they aren't following news. I make total conversion historical mods for Battlefield 2. Sometimes a new post doesn't generate a ton of excitement, but when we make a release it isn't uncommon for my mods to get 10,000 downloads in a years time. My Korean war mod did that because it was a super unique conflict literally nobody else has made a FPS game about.

Your game is also unique and the concept is solid. I have faith it will do well. I watched the DCJY gameplay video and I liked what I saw. Also glad to see a DC game coming out of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex!