rgb mod JVC TM-140E? or at least NTSC composite support?

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Oakleaf, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Oakleaf

Oakleaf Spirited Member

20190126_153354.jpg So im trying to find out if its possible to RGB mod this old PVM style monitor.
    The brain is a M52016SP. It has RGB out and a NTSC/video mode switch on pin 17
    (I relize that a RGB mod might be impossible)
    But if i get A NTSC subcarrier xtal and make pin 17 switchable between 5v and ground. Might that do the trick for correct colour and sync on NTSC composite?

Might it be possible to connect RGB on the outputs or atleast ground pin 17 and add a NTSC subcarrier xtal?
    Any help is welcome.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. segasonicfan

segasonicfan Robust Member

Link to the datasheet, and well be more likely to help you. I've RGB modded my old 36 inch JVC from 1994 and it looks amazing. Viletim posted a great thread on this a while back over on the GameSX forums.

3. Oakleaf

Oakleaf Spirited Member

Il think il figure out the JVC..

Now im working on a PVM-14n5e sony :)

ere is the service manual https://elektrotanya.com/sony_pvm-1...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Udf3aEpL3dc2Tsqaq2tgL

not that easy to download thou

I could use som help with modern replacements for the diodes, transistors and the one zener.

Also im planning to cut thre wirelinks 102 103 and one more, according to the service manual. as i see it this would work cause it already has the IC102 and IC 103 as described. Is this right?

Any help is welcome, thanks!
    il be sure to check out the other thread.

4. segasonicfan

segasonicfan Robust Member

If the datasheet isn't easy to download it would make sense for you to upload it to a new link. If it's not too big you can also attach it here. This will help people reading this thread in the future as well.

To upload it you can use an easy free upload service like this one:

https://www.docdroid.net

Or something like MediaFire which has been around a lot longer.