Retro Core - NEWS

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Yakumo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

What do you get when China tries to rip off the Xbox One S? See it on this week's Chinese Knock Offs.

rommy667 and Stipo360 like this.
  2. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015 Staff Member

It's weird they took the time to add HDMI out port, copy the design of the Xbox One S, give you two "controllers" and HDMI cable.... and yet the whole thing runs like crap. :D

Someone should alert them Raspberry Pi and Retroarch are already a thing...You are going to lose this "market".
    Apart from the plastic case, that would be cool for a raspberry Pi setup, everything else on this would be better on the recycle bin.

3. sammyrms1

sammyrms1 Rising Member

Oh boy, it's one of those again. What's next, a PS4 or Nintendo Switch rip-off?

4. Yakumo

What's sad is that the HDMI doesn't even work right. When using it via my capture card it kept freezing then when using it on the TV there was no sound! The HDMI also only out putted 480p .So it's not really HD either. If only they'd not been cheap bastards this could have been a very cool emulation box.

5. Yakumo

More from the land of fake goods.

6. Johnny

Love when you start the videos by dropping the box. :D One correction though, the text in the box is in spanish so this is probably aimed for the other latin america countries.

When something like this appeared around here, it was usually repackaged and distributed by a brazilian toy company. Although it seems most of them gave up. Apart from the usual Tectoy crap, only managed to find one "Wii clone" and a MegaDrive 2 clone called "Mega Game".

Anyway, why a chinese Mega Drive portable bootleg runs on 50hz?!

Yakumo likes this.
  7. Neo-Alec

Neo-Alec Rising Member

Nice selection of games there.

I like the Bloodlines music.

Yakumo likes this.
  8. Yakumo

Recently did a review of the Chinese HD Retro Game console, AKA A Mega Drive with HDMI.

sammyrms1 and Johnny like this.
  9. Johnny

Holy crap, the chinese just trashed over AtGames and Tectoy! :D

Glad i showed you those links. The only real downside is not having stereo sound.

The ammount of hotglue on soldering points is also a little worrying, but that's low quality China we expect (Tectoy is not that much different either). Overall, this is way better quality than the ones that were licensed by Sega. Unbelievable.

10. Yakumo

Yeah, at games must be capping them selves as it's becoming wide spread news that this clone is better than the crap they are about to release.
    Also, thanks Johnny for the links. I probably wouldn't have done this video otherwise.

11. subbie

subbie Moderator Staff Member

AtGames is over priced dog shit. I'm not exactly sure how they continue to get the license to make these (guess sega gets a good cut on each unit).

A SOC powerful enough to run genesis at full speed practically cost nothing now a days.

On the flip side, with the new boxes from hyperkin and others, I'm happy to see the surge in chip clones instead of the emulation route (Never liked the emulation route since these companies rarely put in the proper work or just steal and hack up an open source emulator).

12. Yakumo

Hyperkin are also guilty of using pre-made emulators too I believe on some of their other systems. Stinks when companies do that and then the actual emulator author gets nothing.

Johnny likes this.
  13. subbie

subbie Moderator Staff Member

Yes you are correct but they've also have a line that uses clone chips and not emulation. Retron 1 HD has gotten some good praise and uses clone chips. They're putting out a snes retron HD end of year that is also said to be clone chips. I'm actually excited for their Atari HD system they showed off at e3 but no definitive word if it's emulation or chip clone. =/

Anyways, Hyperkin is at least trying to take this serious where AtGames continues to regurgitate crap after crap.

14. Yakumo

how right you are.

15. Pazzard

Pazzard Member

16. Yakumo

We've all seen the Chinese GameBoy Colour clone but have you seen the excellent classic GB clone?
    In this video we take a look at a $14 US classic GameBoy clone. Is it worth the money?

sammyrms1 likes this.
  17. Yakumo

They say it's new for 2017 yet it contains 2015 tech that was awful back in 2015.

18. Yakumo

A new knock off mini NES video from me. This unit had HDMI, two quality controllers and 600 games plus it doesn't suck!

Syclopse likes this.
  19. Johnny

Ha, "loved" the clunky menu system. A text menu, common to pretty much all famiclones since forever, is miles better than that.

Still, nice effort overall. But for that price, a raspberry pi is a more reasonable solution.

I wonder when they'll finally get it right though. :D

20. Yakumo

Finally, after months in limbo, the 20th volume of Retro Core 5 is finally released.