Retro-Bit Partners With Sega To Bring Dreamcast, Saturn And Genesis, Consoles Back To The Gaming

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Ivan GR, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Greg2600

Greg2600 Fiery Member

Not a fan of BT with retro stuff, and was hoping they'd improve the DC controller (which is one of the worst designs) but did nothing.

2. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

As opposed to RF or just opposed to wireless in general? If I could I'd have every system wireless.

I want the controllers to be as faithful to the originals as possible, so I'm fine with them not changing design at all, but the Dreamcast display cabinet is possibly the most pathetic thing I've seen - a few mock-up boxes and an official Sega VGA adapter? May as well have just said Dreamcast stuff was coming later. Although, base on what they do have, I hope they also have PAL or Japanese box art variants, as they're both far nicer than the US one.

sonicsean89 likes this.
  3. Greg2600

Greg2600 Fiery Member

No I would say all wireless simply for having to charge/replace batteries! I hate that! My DC complaint is that it's still the same poorly non-ergonomic design with the hard plastic analog stick. Although if they could stop the damn VCU from BEEEEEEEPING (without battery) I might have to give it some thought.

FiZiX likes this.
  4. nonosto

nonosto Intrepid Member

I hope a lightgun for HDTV.

5. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

A licence wouldn't have made any difference, but I doubt we'll see that happen, even though there are some great lightgun games for the Saturn and Dreamcast - it's just far too niche in an already fairly niche market. Has anyone bothered to make an actual lightgun since Time Crisis 4?

6. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

My only problem is the lack of second analog stick. It's basically a Duke XBOX Controller with less buttons.

7. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Yeah I don't think the Dreamcast controller is all that uncomfortable. It seems to fit my hand quite nicely, actually. The stick could use a touch of soft rubber on the top, but it's never something that I found unusable by any stretch.

sonicsean89 likes this.
  8. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

I'm not 100% sure, but since the controllers will work with PC, you might be able to use other BT controllers on the DC dongle.

Greg2600 likes this.