Resurfacing Discs , can these be done ?

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by s8n, Feb 26, 2019.

1. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

hi guys , i recently got Alien Quadrilogy DVD Box Set second hand for it's picture quality and the first 2 movies. All of the discs are in excellent shape except Alien. I want to get it resurfaced here in Oz , i've found one place that does it but i have to send in a minimum of 5 discs. So i thought i would throw in the below , let me know if they can or can't be done.

DVD dual sided , 16:9 on one side and 4:3 the other
    PS1 discs
    WII discs

2. Sloth

Sloth Active Member

All CD and DVDs can be resurfaced, but the finish depends on the quality of the machine used. Assuming a high quality resurfacer is used, the DVD and Wii discs should come out looking like new. PS1 discs often show light circular marks on the dark surface after resurfacing.

s8n likes this.
  3. Pikmin

Pikmin Resolute Member

Back in the day when I was backing up my GC collection I had a few discs that wouldn't dump 100%.
    I've taken them to Gametraders to get buffed, success was about 4/5
    Unfortunately, the one that didn't work was an Australian Multi Game demo disk :/
    I tried jbhifi next and they totally f*ed it

I guess it all depends on how badly scratched the disc is

4. s8n

s8n Enthusiastic Member

thanks guys for the info and knowledge , i am going to send in about 8 discs in a couple of weeks. If successful i will send in the rest i have which is not much but totally worth it.

5. Maxpacker

Maxpacker Newly Registered

Game stores where I live have very expensive resurface machines that make even ps1 games look new. Can't be exclusive to where I live in MO though.