Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps announced (Prepare to cry... lol)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by cammers1995, Sep 15, 2015.

1. cammers1995

cammers1995 Active Member

Oh noes.

Because we SO wanted a sequel to Operation Raccoon City! :eek:

2. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah Site Supporter 2014,2015

I tried to replay Operation Raccoon City again recently, but gave up even sooner than my first attempt.

I wouldn't exactly call it a terrible game, just a wholly forgettable one. I most definitely wouldn't call it a game that needed a followup of any kind. If they really want another Raccoon City game, why not just give people Outbreak 3 already?

Anyway, this trailer looks totally uninteresting. Just when I thought maybe Capcom was coming to their senses with the Resident Evil/Biohazard franchise.

3. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I'm sorry, but did I actually just see a "Zombie Shield?" Doesn't this violate almost every rule of RE zombie defense, i.e. don't let the zombie get close lest they BITE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU?

ORC was pretty garbage. I'm going with @TreblaYevrah, where's Outbreak #3? All they can do now is remake 2, 3:Nemesis and c:V then continue pumping out new, uninteresting titles.

4. cammers1995

cammers1995 Active Member

Theres now an update:

Exclusive to PS4 and PC
    $30
    Does not feature Resident Evil branding in the USA. Simply titled "Umbrella Corps"
    Source: IGN

5. TreblaYevrah

Seems like a strange move to drop the "Resident Evil" name in North America.

6. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I don't know why they would drop the Resident Evil brand in the US. I think the brand would really increase their chance of getting more sales.

7. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

8. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

NOPE.

9. Fandangos

Fandangos <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

To be fair, if I was like 10 years old I would love to play this game. Capcom is working in the right direction with Resident Evil, at least to me.

They released Resident Evil HD remaster this year and it looked awesome, the game is great. They will release Resident Evil Zero that as far I can tell seems great - I haven't played the original.
    And they are working on Resident Evil 2 remake, that I bet will follow the standards of RE HD remaster.

I see no harm in a very action paced game while they are working on some other really cool RE games. Also, I bet RE3 Remake will come.

10. TreblaYevrah

I want to believe that it will be that way, but I have a hard time imagining that Capcom will actually make a new game using the old format, even if it is a remake.

11. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Isn't this what you all wanted? WE THINK SO! - Developers... probably.

12. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

The problem with your examples are that these games have already been made. They aren't new, original content. REmaster was just REmake with a fresh coat of paint. RE2 Remake/Remaster will likely be the same, with possible slight gameplay changes. Same with Zero and the inevitable 3: Nemesis Remake/Remaster. When it comes to new content, Capcom has been floundering for a while now.

They've already made action paced games and they were received pretty poorly. ORC, RE5, RE6, etc. With the budget pricing, my hopes aren't very high.

BTW I love your avatar :)