Resident Evil / Bio Hazard One Point Five.

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Keiji Dragon, Jun 28, 2009.

1. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

That would be a grammatical nightmare.

Umm, that sentence doesn't read well. Grammatically.

I think you meant THAN, not then. That said, you can't say "more than what was there" - it is grammatically poor.

That should read "next to your name, too". The "too" is pretty superfluous, though - you're using it to say as well, basically. As well as what, or whom? Oh, and don't start a new paragraph with "and".

Again, it is THAN not then. Please learn basic English grammar before you criticize others! You're missing an "L" on the end of disrespectful, and this whole sentence reads as if a foreigner wrote it. Sorry, but if you're going to criticize other people's grammar, you really need to learn to use it correctly yourself first.

On topic:

IF someone outside Capcom got their hands on 1.5 (which in itself is unlikely), then I am pretty sure they wouldn't have the balls to release it, especially asking for funds. Capcom would sue their arse off, guaranteed.

2. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

Jesus jumping christ on a pogo stick. I have never seen a tiny joke get blown so out of proportion. I don't care about guy's spelling or grammar. I'm unsure why this has gotten pounded into the ground so bad. I blew it off as a failed joke, I would hope that others would let it go. Let the topic run it's course.

And back -on- topic, I doubt Capcom would sue anyone for releasing it. Maybe about ten years ago, I could see that. But it would have been a blast to try to push it through a 56k connection. There's no NDAs left from that period, so that's not an issue.

The issue is there aren't ANY copies out there to be had. There might be a revision in a developer's hand somewhere, but no one interested in sharing it. I'd be willing to place a bet that it could surface down the road, but it's only going to be when someone passes away. And then it'll be a matter of someone reconizing and -not- throwing it away.

3. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Well, even if that was the case, they could still go all angry and hunt you down for pirating Biohazard 2. 'Cause at the end of the day, that's still what it is, no matter how many people call it 1.5.

But, yeah, I think a lot of people are paranoid over things that "probably" wont happen, but it's still a big risk for anyone to take. Some who might have something like that might still find themselves in a position where such a thing as leaking/losing/sharing it is not exactly a good career move.

4. DevHackr

Oh of course. The color dreams crew could sue people if they wanted. It's a matter of common sense & profit. If the game somehow was released, Capcom wouldn't care. Once a game is out there, it's out there.

I think it's more a question of "why hasn't it surfaced?" To be honest, it's most likely because it wasn't very good. There was some reason it got canned.

5. Carnivol

Comparing Capcom to Color Dreams is a bit wonky. Especially considering how Capcom is one of the industry's biggest third parties and Color Dreams is a now non-existent unlicensed developer.

6. DevHackr

Heh, potatoe/potato. Same deal different degree. I was explaining that they could sue, but it's very, very unlikely.

7. Carnivol

It can be a tad bit more delicate case than that. It's pretty easy to be the internet tough guy when you're either just not as bright as others or not in the same position as some people are.

Some people who sit on these things have their name printed all over the place. In many cases it isn't much of a secret that "Username" is "Firstname Surname", and that "Firstname Surname" works at "Company". And many people, although they don't spam it in public, know that "Firstname Surname" has "Unreleased Title". Finding someone to blame, if you want to, isn't always as hard as you'd think.

For "Firstname Surname", it's not exactly his greatest career move to release "Unreleased Title", heck, even if someone else released "Unreleased Title", "Firstname Surname" would in many cases get unwanted attention and feedback from "Somewhere", 'cause "People" knows he (also) has it. It's happened before. At one of the places I've worked at, "everyone" becomes a suspect everytime a build has shown up online. It creates a terrible negative atmosphere within the four walls of that place when such a thing happens. I've heard horror stories of companies even doing full inventory checks whenever current gen dev hardware shows up online on public auction sites. Heck, I even know of people who've lost their contracts 'cause of the various trust and economical issues created by such situations.

8. DevHackr

WTF? Ugh. I'm done with this topic. I have no idea how my every post seems to turn into some type of flamebait, but I'm not playing this game any more. I'll stop by the next time this topic gets posted, seems to be on a 4-6 month cycle.

9. Max_XX_ou

Max_XX_ou Intrepid Member

i saw an article from a french magazine
    who talks about re1.5
    the mag says in french
    capcom kept some discs about re1.5
    but they detroyet all discs
    it from official playstation

10. MasterPhW

MasterPhW Indie

Yeah, now you hast have to think in capcoms style: tell a little french magazine about RE 1.5 and its existance or tell them all version are destroyed...
    I think you know, what I mean!? ;)

11. Max_XX_ou

its impossible
    because playstation museum has a cd of this game
    see their video

12. CanOfTheRelics

CanOfTheRelics Rapidly Rising Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBfdC0hG6o8
    It seems that something has resurfaced. But I don't know what the hell it is supposed to mean.

Ah but by the way I have few guestions about curator.

Did he really asked free PSP?
    Did he ever asked photo of girl similar to Elza from prototype?
    When the sellers met him he said he doesn't have it and that he thought you wanted Starcon prototype or smth?
    Did he really maked crazy ebay auctions and false accounts to troll on internet?

If so then guy is pretty strange to say at least. But does anyone have that video with Japanese guy playing 1.5? I never saw it and the video really interests me.

13. Robert_Kendo

Robert_Kendo Guest

I know that Playstation Museum dont have the 1.5 cd any longer...The cd goes to a private buyer.This is 100 % sure!

14. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

WRONG. NDAs don't expire. Why would you think that? A non-disclosure agreement is a non-disclosure agreement. Like the Official Secrets Act.

Try asking a still-working developer if they have any old dev kit, and what exactly. If you're lucky, they'd say yes we have some... but they wouldn't reveal what as they've signed an NDA when they purchased it.

15. CanOfTheRelics

And how do you know that? Didn't he asked helluva lot of money?

16. smf

smf mamedev

Most developers don't buy their own kit. If they still have it then they stole it. Thats why they don't talk about it.

17. Max_XX_ou

so
    some people in the world has got the game

18. Robert_Kendo

Robert_Kendo Guest

PSM has sell the 1.5 version for many years ago..the game goes to a private person.this person sells the re 1.5 in the internet a few weeks ago for a few thousands euros to an seller which is an unknown person...

19. CanOfTheRelics

Now it seems it is gone forever. And when did he sold it? This guy SigmaVirus1999 on Youtube said he has found a lead to an European seller and video was posted very recently. It is very doubtful but when you mention about Euros...... Did Curator really didn't maked a backup copy?
    But talking about Curator it seems he has pretty good contacts in game companies, journalism, so overall it doesn't really suprise me that he got RE1.5 even if he doesn't really like the game.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  20. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

evidence? pictures, documents or something like that?