Resident Evil / Bio Hazard One Point Five.

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Keiji Dragon, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

No, I don't have it. =P

I wouldn't mind paying at least $15 for it if they considered releasing it. Yes, that is true. I know the game wasn't completed, but I wouldn't mind playing and paying something that's nearly completed. After all, it is Resident Evil. It could be released as a sort of bonus to fans. It wouldn't even require any sort of adjustment to be made for consumers, other then perhaps text translations, but even Capcom wouldn't have to worry about that.

By the very time the game's development was halted, most of the game was already completed (around 65-80% complete, depending on whom you hear from Capcom) -- you can even view remnants of what appears to be the final sequential areas and music inside the preview disc for Resident Evil 2, and those areas are modeled VERY, very similar to the last ones in the final RE2.

Recently, a prototype of this particular version was "up for sale" a couple of years ago, only to be lost to everyone because of some dumb bastard's selfish attitude, stupid fucking problems, and growing up issues. *sighs*

You know, perhaps I AM looking too much into this. Lol. I was just typing what was in my mind after viewing these unbelievably interesting videos about RE1.5 check them out!

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcrELW5780

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough B
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwCcVGDR6E0

SurvivHor - Resident Evil 1.5 - Walkthrough C
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KCS12IT88

Did you know that Wesker was to be the final boss of 1.5 as part of a Birkin's last mutation?

I really have to wonder how Capcom feels about leaked footage and information about Resident Evil 1.5? I really do wonder.

2. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

I was thinking about it a lot the other day.

When my grandparents die (very soon), I will inherit a lot of land that is worth a nice sum of money. I was thinking of setting aside 80k, Offering 75k for 1.5, offering 5k to the person who provides information that leads to an actual sale. I would also fly out to the owner to perform the purchase in person to rule out any funny business and tricks and to verify beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is real and authentic.

I doubt I'll do it. Even if I did it, I doubt it would work. I can still dream though...

3. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

You can see on h**p://www.biolegend.de.vu/gegner.html (sorry i have no pictures about the enemys) The last boss was the same in the final version. But it exist many changes in the prototypes over the year 97.

I think it was good to recreate the game. It wasnt biohazard. But really interessting.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  4. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

Jesus that site is hard to save files from! First multiple frames, then javascript right click blocking, which is awesome if you want to use a translator plugin. Then, all the pictures are run through a flash based image viewer. Christ.

Anywho, when it comes to the concept of "1.5" I honestly don't think there are remaining copies in existence. Playstation Museum had some uncut press footage they tried to pass off as gameplay footage they put together. I'm really surprised people still buy into the idea he ever had a copy. I just wish he would have released it without the obnoxious watermarks across it.

5. PhantasyStar

PhantasyStar Well Known Member

GaijinPunch needs to stop holding out and just release it already...

6. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

What do you mean by your post? Who is GaijinPunch?

//ok i know... ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

If GaijinPunch really does have it, then yes he does need to release it! Or at least sell me a copy of it so i can finally play through 1.5 and stop obsessing over it:icon_bigg

8. DevHackr

No one has it. If they say they do, they are lying. It's been far too long, and no one has had any evidence. The closest thing is what ps museum had, which I don't think was even in their hands at any point. If someone does have it, I will pay them $500 for screenshots and footage, and I'll fly to wherever they are.

9. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

500 dollars for screenshots and footage? - i sell some footage (JOKE!!)

if someone has it, he would trade it for some special protos/betas which are very very rare. maybe they never exists.

But i think "GoroMacida", a synonym for a collector, has it. It exist but they wouldnt leak it.

10. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

I wish i had some protos/betas i could offer:crying:

Im sure if someone came forward and said " I have RE1.5 and I am willing to trade for other rare protos/betas". Theres enough people here with some stuff that would probably be willing to work something out. Unfortunately the most id be able to contribute to the cause is some $$$$$.

11. DeckardBR

DeckardBR Fiery Member

A whole $15 dollars! I'm getting the president of Capcom on the line right now!

12. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

Dragon you need more than 1000 dollars for a build like this.

13. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

No no no no. You all misunderstood me. I was merely entertaining the idea of Capcom releasing Resident Evil 1.5 as a downloadable title for PSN or GameTap, and market it as some special limited release or something.

Speaking of spending money...

This guy named SigmaVirus1999 claims that he's in connection with someone with a copy of RE 1.5. I found his claim here on this YouTube video titled "Resident Evil 1.5 UPDATE: Message for Assembler".

Hmm...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  14. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Sounds like you got that one backwards. What I'm reading there is someone claiming to be in contact with someone who's got money, and is now trying to fish for someone who has a copy of the game.

15. DevHackr

I'm still stating, it will not become fruitful. There are no copies of this. They have all been destroyed, and if they do exist it's only in the form of half builds in developer hands

16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

This is around, it's just not going to see the light of day until some people pass away in time... just how things are.

17. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

And if we have the build we hate it maybe and give biohazard 2 much more love. Finally, we are far far away from this situation.

18. DevHackr

It's one of those holy grail pieces of shit. Sonic Xtreme anyone?

19. Max_XX_ou

Max_XX_ou Intrepid Member

playstation museum has the CD

20. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

psn have materials about this game but its not clearly if he have a playable disc.