Resident Evil Betas and Prototypes (RE1.5, RE1 GBC & RE0 N64 Videos)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Aydan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. pato

pato Resolute Member

but the ports were made in different times, max payne was released this year and we have phones that are more powerful than a xbox 1, resident evil 4 was actually ported to mobile back in 2008 and then received an better port in 2009 to iphone.

2. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

Considering how much Capcom likes to recycle abandoned ideas, is there any possibility the plant enemies mentioned as featuring in the ill-fated Dash were later resurrected to take the place of 1.5's man-spider in the final retail version of Biohazard/Resident Evil 2 (since they both occupy the same laboratory areas)? Now if only they'd bring back the mutated gorillas that were first documented in one of the original game's files and later intended to appear in 1.5 before being dropped entirely...

3. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

While not gorillas, at least RE0 had the eliminators.

4. TwinkleTwinkie

TwinkleTwinkie Newly Registered

One thing I would like to point out is that one of the big reasons why RE0 didn't finish development on the N64 was actually because the REmake was actively in development and the RE0 team had seen what the REmake team was doing with the GameCube so they decided to stop production and start over using the new engine developed for REmake. I can't remember where I saw this but it has been at least 10 years since I initially read this.

5. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

Great videos man, funny thing is I watched these skimming through YouTube last week

6. alecjahn

alecjahn Site Soldier

Excellent work. As an "outsider" to the RE games and community (I've only beat 4, and had played 1, 2, and CV for very short periods of time years ago) I found them very informative and interesting.

Thanks, and cheers!

7. braders1986

braders1986 Robust Member

It's a shame Mikami didn't work on Zero. Imagine what it could of been. I was so hyped when I first heard about it, but the final game left such a bitter taste:(
    I still give it the benefit of the doubt and play it from time to time but I actually end up disliking it more and more. I have never felt like that with another RE title.
    Coming out around the same time as REmake didn't help it much either to be honest. Mikami took probably one of the greatest games ever (that he also made), and managed to create pure and utter perfection.

Shame really :/

8. yurieu

yurieu Member

no no no no. thank god mikami is out of zero. its a perfect game in its own way. i dont know why people doenst like it...
    Remake plot is very intact, but expanded with trevor's history, and i think we must be thankfull much more to the game designers.

9. shane7951

shane7951 Spirited Member

Speaking of Zero I remember when it came out I bought a Gamecube strictly for RE Zero. At the time I couldn't really get into the game but as time has gone on I've grown to like it.

10. SegaManAU

SegaManAU Remember SegaManAU? He's back, in POG form!

So has anyone ever got their hands on an RE0 N64 beta?

11. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

I could swear that I had an MSN conversation maybe 2 or so years ago, with a notable RE collector (Who I can't reveal the name of for obvious reasons) in which I was told that another collector had it but they wanted a ridiculous amount for it, something like $30,000. I'd actually like to see this surface just as much 1.5 if not slightly more.

12. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

Some shit went down on the forum a while back didn't it? Capcom issued a cease & desist?

13. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Yes they did which is why we don't talk about it :sorrow:

14. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

I'd be incredibly grateful if you could enlighten me as to what actually went down via a PM, as I was under the impression that nobody actually had anything?

15. Carnivol

Just look around for the ghost stories and filter out the reoccuring themes. Probably what's best for everyone. Let it just be one of those "legends."

16. SegaManAU

SegaManAU Remember SegaManAU? He's back, in POG form!

All I can say is... :sorrow:

17. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

Were there ever any magazine articles or scans of the co-op beta?

18. Carnivol

Nope. Only a tiny video sequence showing an AI partner following the main player. However, on the two pre-alpha builds that were relased, there are leftovers from an old menu interface with options/commands for what appears to be partner AI behavior.

19. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

That's something I didn't know, got any pics of the graphics? I never really considered what hidden elements might have survived from earlier builds besides the odd room. I still like the beta camera angle on the 2F Dining Room where the statue is, it would be interesting to see that puzzle in motion one day.

I'd be curious to know if elements of the 1995-08-04 build (like script etc) survived in the 1995-10-04 build somewhere, it would be pointless but interesting to see how things were dealt with from one build to the next.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  20. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

I'm actually very curious to know more about this "legend" myself. Can I get a PM too please...?