Resident Evil Betas and Prototypes (RE1.5, RE1 GBC & RE0 N64 Videos)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Aydan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Exactly. Many people think DASH was the name of the Saturn versions battle mode and what not.

From all the information I've ever had the chance to read DASH was apparently going to take place In the mansion of RE1 again but obviously destroyed and apparently the virus infected plants and there was a lot of mutated over-growth or something.

From what I recall the game never even made it out of the initial brainstorming sessions.

2. jordypuff

jordypuff Guest

I quite enjoyed your videos, they reminded me of Yuriofwind's "Gaming Mysteries" segments and I guess you could say I'm fan of him and now you too. :3 Keep up the good work, I'm sure in time you'll perfect the art of making videos and gain the recognition you deserve.

3. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Thanks pal, that's the style i go for. I love reviews which touch on interesting facts and history. Another perfect example is the 16 bit gems dude Roo clan of the grey wolf or whatever its called. He's a perfect example of people who need far more exposure.

I'm slowly learning. Just need to get some good but easy to use video editing software now. All this vegas pro stuff looks quite in depth but we'll see!

4. jordypuff

jordypuff Guest

Ah yes, Roo's videos are great too. In my opinion youtube has too many unreasonably popular Raywilliamjohnson types and not enough ClanOfTheGrayWolfs or Yuriofwinds. I myself have always wanted to do something like what you have but I've never had the courage to do so because... Well you know, it'd probably suck.

I'm glad though that I found your channel because it's awesome and I can tell that you enjoy what you do. I'll be looking forward to your next video. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  5. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

There isn't a "UK Accent".

I like in England and I cant understand people from some areas very well... We have very different accents like 20 miles away. Americans seem to have the same accent over a MUCH larger area.

6. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

To a foreign person there certainly is a UK accent, just as we brits do stereotypical impersonations when attempting American, Jamaican, Japanese or Indian accents.

7. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I am not saying the UK doesnt have an accent. I am just saying there isnt a accent that covers the whole UK - hence a "UK accent". Its highly regional and sounds very very very different between areas.

Stereotypical accent is fine, but if you learn to understand that - dont expect to understand much of the other UK accents. That us why I said there isnt one that covers the whole UK that you can learn.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Same goes for all of the world. Anyone that is from outside of that region will label all of these accents as UK accents, just as someone outside of the US may very well refer to all of the different accents here as just American accents. Obviously, this is not true, as visiting me in California and then going to New York after would show you quite a large variety of differences.

So as you say, there isn't a single accent to cover the UK... Well there probably isn't any single stretch of land that is covered by people all with an identical accent or dialect.

9. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Indeed. So just an update for those who may care, I've finished writing up my script for the Resident Evil Gaiden video. Had a few requests from people about it and I plan to explain a few things, give my opinions and just see how others think and feel about it. I'll get it all together soon.

10. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

Hey Aydan, can you tell which softwares you use in total?

I was hoping that I could create similar videos but in portuguese to post some POV but I'm not sure for ex about HD space needed to record a full game play.

How much HD you need to record an RPG 20+ hours game? and which software it good to use to edit this content? using windows.

11. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I am well aware of that. However, most of the American accents are easy to understand (same for Australia). The English ones can be near impossible to understand and I am from here.

Which was the point all along.

12. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

it all depends on software you use and settings.

An example, is that if i used fraps recording at its highest settings with with full 60fps capture a few minutes = gigabytes.

It's kinda pointless however in some respects since youtube can only play in 30fps, so thats one area to keep in mind if you record footage on a pc using an emulator.

I use a basic video editing program built into my studio program which also allows me to mix and record/edit audio too. I also have windows live movie editor on the side because while it sucks for editing, when it comes to compression is can take a 20gb movie file and turn it into 200mb with very little loss in quality, at least in my experience.

I do want to go into more advanced video editing at some point but I'm just a hobbyist and showing gameplay relevant to what I'm saying is enough for now if you ask me. I don't think people really care about advanced effects and other junk.

13. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

14. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Thanks for the review Aydan, it was great.

And I finally found one Gaiden's copy here in Brazil. It was a little expensive, but I bought it after a few years searching for one.

15. scaramouche

scaramouche Rising Member

Well not a proto not a beta.. but released only in Korea you have the RESIDENT EVIL 4 MOBILE VERSION for Android.

It was launched for LG devices only, and later was OPENED for any device but not officialy. Game is same characters than PS2 RESIDENT EVIL 4 and you can play it on any Android device. It works on Sony Xperia Play , in JXD S7100 and i guess in the Yinlips as well.
    [​IMG]

16. Punch

Punch RIP AsssemblerGames, never forget.

Better than Zeebo Edition.

17. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

I can't help but look at that and wonder why they even bothered... such low poly models... no lighting... Textures look great for a phone though. But still, why would you want that on your phone when you can have superior versions on just about every single console everywhere xD

18. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Because it's Capcom and every piece of crap in our pocket is a piece of gold in their pocket.

19. redopiate

redopiate Rising Member

Yeah when you compare it to the android port of Max Payne, RE4 wasn't handled well at all. Anyone know what company handled the development? Mustve been same as the iphone, obvious from the interface and lack of any upgrade in texture quality...

20. comicbooknerd

comicbooknerd Spirited Member

Id never heard of dash before, sounds like s really cool idea, if the mansion wasn'tt destroyed it would have been cool to explore it had it have been damaged/overgrown. Kinda shadow moses mgs4 style.