Resident Evil Betas and Prototypes (RE1.5, RE1 GBC & RE0 N64 Videos)

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Aydan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Hey guys I'm a long time lurker, not too regular poster, but I've been around the RE Beta scene since about 2005/2006 back when Bioflames was still alive and a lot of new information was being found about these games.

Anyway, recently I've been working on some videos which share some interesting information about the games and the prototypes. Not meant to be a shame-less plug bug if this is against rules or you're not happy I'm more than willing and understanding to have these taken down. However despite a lot of us crazy people who love this type of stuff, there are MANY fans who don't even know or remember these games. The videos were intended for them and to just share the interest and love for these lost gems.

Anyway if you're interested feel free to have a watch and let me know what you think here or on the video comments. I'm looking into a long video about the whole RE3.5 scene which should take me quite some time to put together as it's not really a game I had too much interest in compared to 1.5!

Resident Evil 1.5 (One of my first videos please excuse the cheap editing, didn't have a good program)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbdpp65vL0E

Resident Evil Zero N64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28fnqnAZzo

Resident Evil GBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDpTp3YW64

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

just watched all 3 mate and thought they were very good, 1.5 video could have done with some images of the different things you were describing but thats just nit picking, nice work

3. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Thanks pal, yeah I put images in the description box with annotations noting it. Back then I had literally the most awful tool for making videos ever. I'm considering re-making the video with the amount of footage available as well as making it look far more presentable since i actually have a better grasp of video editing now.

4. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I've seen some of your videos before, good stuff keep it up!

5. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Just watched the one for the Gameboy Color version.
    I really hope that you make one for the Resident Evil Gaiden.

6. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Oh believe me I do plan to do it eventually. What some people may find shocking is that I actually don't think it's a bad game at all ;) I'll be giving my reasons and as with everything I always remain unbiased and try to back everything I say up with valid information and facts. I can't stand the whole 'THIS GAME F**KING SUCKS' style people seem to love these days..

7. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

I really need to train my ears for the UK accent. I'm not a native english speaker and I've learned english watching movies and tv shows which are all americans.

It took me some time to remember who Robert Kendo was. You really should put a jpg or something showing him.
    I'm going to watch the second and third video now, nice work man!

8. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Thanks again. I can only imagine how hard it must be for a non-native English speaker to try to listen and understand. What doesn't help is my accent as I'm from Wales (Any British members here please keep the sheep jokes away since ironically there're more sheep farms in England than Wales.)

I'll try and speak a lot more clearly in future although I think other videos are a lot more better produced both in audio and video content. Again my 1.5 video is pretty pathetic however the information content is quite ripe if I do say so :)

I'll re-edit the footage but keep the same voice over and include the images and scenes in the video itself eventually. I just hope maybe some people can come away learning something new and maybe create an interest for them :)

9. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

The reason that I asked you to do a video for the the RE Gaiden is because, when I played it, I enjoyed it too. Sadly, it was a bootleg version and I don't have it anymore and an original one is very expensive.

Btw, like veggav, I learned english watching movies, tv shows and playing videogames, I think it would help if you had talked a little louder, but this is only my opinion and, of course, there's always the possibility of turning the volume up.

10. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

People are way too quick to hate on things. Again this is something i plan to cover from both their side and mine ;)

Okay I'll keep this in mind. I like to think the gameboy colour review and zero are slightly better in the audio dept. but I'll be sure to keep your comments in mind with the next one. Thanks for the comments though guys, as long as people enjoy and learn something then I'm accomplishing what I set out to do :)

11. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

Louder you can get raising the volume of your speakers LOL

His pronunciation are a lot better on the GameBoy Color video. When you record your own voice, on your own, in your bedroom you usually becomes a little shy, at least I get.
    So your speaking is not natural and I guess he got more confident doing the videos, that's why I think his words sound a lot more clear than the first video.... or all this is nonsense and I got used to his way of speaking.

Anyway the videos are great, hopping for a resident evil gaiden video.

12. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I wasn't aware that RE Gaiden was expensive. :/

13. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

You got it in one. The more you do things the more confident you become at them.

Well that's a few requests for that game so I'll grab some footage, write out all the points I want to make, gather some history and interesting facts and put a video together soon for upload. Once again thanks for the support guys. It's awesome being able to share your knowledge and love for games with others.

14. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

A loose copy cost around 40 dollars on ebay.
    I've never seen a complete but open copy there and the price of the sealed ones is around US$300.

15. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

Wow he's right! I just checked EbayUK and there are only 3 copies of the game all above the £20. Not that I'm a Scrooge but that's over-priced.

16. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Here in Brazil we have something like ebay called MercadoLivre. There are only 2 Resident Evil Gaiden copies there.
    One of them is loose and costs R$249.00 (US$150). Meanwhile, the other one comes with a box and costs R$170.00 (US$85).
    Those two are WAY overpriced, in my opinion hahaha.

17. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

its about the average price to be honest, think i have 2 copies of it somewhere and paid around £20 for both, sadly never played it tho

18. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

I have to admit I've never been much into RE series (though they are in my To-Play list). That said, I really enjoyed the videos and look forward for more :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  19. Max_XX_ou

Max_XX_ou Intrepid Member

We never talked about resident evil dash!

20. Ketsui

Ketsui Active Member

There's no much to talk about it...