Resident Evil 4 Review/Debug Build Disc 1 [Contains Debug]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Errorjack, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Anyone can do what they want with something they paid for. I don't get what you mean by "not planned."

2. Joseph_Capelli

Joseph_Capelli Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

sure,everyone can do what he want if he paid for it,but to call paypal to get the money back isnt the right way.
    god, everytime the same drama here about resident evil games..lol

3. Bramsworth

Yeah, RE is cursed =p

But if what he says about having originally paid for both discs, only to get one in the end, then it makes perfect sense why he was trying to at least get back half of the price. Granted I don't know the details there.

4. Joseph_Capelli

:disgust:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. davenixdorf

davenixdorf Peppy Member

The plot thickens ...

A big thank you to ErrorJack for the original upload though ... will spend some time with it this weekend! :)

6. Errorjack

Errorjack Gears of War Collector

Well don't worry, I haven't made a single penny on this. It's the communities links that are keeping it alive. I promised a release to the community, that's exactly what happened.

7. PSPdemon

PSPdemon Peppy Member

Already up as a torrent...

and

If I was him and I only got *half* of what I was offered and paid for... I too would write a complaint up with paypal.

I don't see where Errorjack is in the wrong on this one...

8. Bramsworth

I think Joseph_Capelli is trying to drive the point that errorjack issued for a full refund through paypal, correct? But if it's true that the seller decided to go completely silent and not respond back after errorjack went public about something he paid for and was his to do with what he wants, how else would he get his money back for the half that ended up being wasted only to get nothing in return? I forget if Paypal allow you to request refunds in certain amounts, but if it only allows full refunds, you can't really blame errorjack. There isn't any other way. I sure wouldn't sit by and let them just keep the other half of the money while not giving me what I paid for. If I got a full refund, I'd just pay them back for the one disc afterwards, so as to preserve my reputation.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  9. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I think what he means is that the original deal WAS only for disc 1 and disc 2 was to be paid for at a later date but then he claimed the money back on PayPal claiming that someone hacked his account and then proceeded to release the data aswell...

10. Bramsworth

OK, if that's the case then I can understand why the seller would be upset. I've only been seeing it that the seller threw a fit just because he went public with owning it, but if he ended up doing a refund on false claims of hacking then that makes more sense.

11. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

So what are the debug controls?

12. Joseph_Capelli

yes kiff,you are right.now errorjack got his money back from paypal..

13. Mrox2

Mrox2 Active Member

14. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

How do you bring up the menu mid game?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  15. PSPdemon

PSPdemon Peppy Member

Was posted back on page 2...

16. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Difficult to feel bad for a seller who was attempting to make money by selling bootleg copies. The source of these files is a physical NR disc. If one collector is selling the game to another, the disc should be changing hands. But if someone is just taking a dump of the disc image and then reselling that image to multiple people (and telling them not to even speak of it) in hopes of making a profit, than that person is nothing more than a pirate and deserves the same level of respect.

That's how a lot of old HK pirates used to get made btw, back before broadband was common. Someone would sell a beta on, it would get duped and resold as a silver in HK. One of the more well known stories is, oddly enough, the pirated beta of Resident Evil 2. A staffer at Diehard Gamefan brought the RE2 preview copy home. He let a friend copy it. Said friend sold it on. A few days later, pirated silvers were showing up in HK (before the game was even gold). Capcom Japan got pissed. Watermark on the disc traced back to Gamefan's copy. Legal actions were filed and Capcom wouldn't leave any code in Gamefan's hands for years after.

17. Bramsworth

The seller really needs to come out of hiding and just share their story if there's really any real complaint to be had here. I can't tell which side to be on here. If the seller really was pulling something like that then the mods need to take action, definitely.

18. King_of_PS

King_of_PS Site Supporter 2015

I've bought disc images from the seller myself (he's actually banned on here already for other reasons...).
    Personally I don't mind paying for a 'pirate' copy, if that's the only way to get hold of an unreleased RE game.
    From my perspective, when the seller asks me not to release the games I buy, I do as he asks, as otherwise when I want something else he'll be pissed and not sell me anything else.
    Like Assembler says, obviously if someone buys it and then releases it anyway, that's their prerogative. But if they then claim the money back via Paypal and make up stories about their account being hacked, I think that's just devious.
    Reminds me of people I've sold items to on ebay in good faith, who've then said "refund me xx% or I'll leave you negative feedback". Then they make up some story about the item being damaged and end up getting it for free.
    Just my opinion........

19. Errorjack

Errorjack Gears of War Collector

The seller didn't ask me or demand I not take pictures or release it. Only once I took a picture of the game, he said "no one will ever sell me beta games so good luck". He then ignored every way for me to contact him. I was prohibited to get the second disc because I posted a picture. It was also half a product, which means it was missing parts. I did request a refund on missing parts because clearly the game was only half of what it's suppose to.

I don't know what this is a big problem, my account ended up being limited and got a balance of -$49. I released it to the public because I believe it was something that should be put out there. Clearly I was wrong, and should just end up not buying things at all, not worth it. Too much drama to buy something then being restricted up the ass because of some foolishness.

If you don't want to download it, don't. If you do, you do. It's out there now and should just accept it as it is. I'm done buying or releasing things, people should step up and do it themselves.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    Esppiral and SILENT_Pavel like this.
  20. braders1986

braders1986 Robust Member

Can't say I would ever get involved with anything like this myself Errorjack, but I appreciate the fact you had the decency to release it to us all without mugging people off like the seller did to you.
    It's a shame people can't just enjoy these little gems without having to a find a bullshit reason to moan all the time. The majority seem to enjoy the arguing and controversies surrounding betas more than they do actually playing the fucking things :/

P.S 'The wind function in the debug menu is so addictive lol. Can't stop pissing about with it. Awesome stuff! :)