Resident Evil 0 N64

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by MoonDog, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Goemon

Goemon AG Member since 2005!

Well if there really was Biohazard 0 on this board it could be checked. Biohazard was propably a 512Mbit rom file. Megaman is only 256Mbit. Usually these boards did not got deleted fully but just overwritten. So the last 256 Mbit of that Biohazard Zero could be still there (but there a several "If's" here). In order to check this, the full 512Mbit of this Board needs to be dumped and the rom file needs to be checked for BH0 remains. But afterall, only the last 256Mbit won't do much.

2. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  3. saibot_20194

saibot_20194 Spirited Member

you have that RE 0 cart?

4. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

Unfortunately I don't think it has any leftovers.

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Mega_Man_64

26mb + 26mb + ~13mb = ~64mb

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  5. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Thanks for reminding me that this page was up
    It's funny how this had 2 copies of the same data on it

Granted there wasnt much truly there but it's still something to mention since there were some really *really* good devs that created absurd compression for these carts. Just look at Rare

The history of that cart in particular (the one on ebay) was owned and dumped by Bobo McCloud, bought from CoolMod, and released by yours truly back a few years. We didn't peel back the stickers (because stickers shouldn't be peeled off) but it's very possible that it was at one point used for BH0. Now whether that means that we lost a holy grail, yeah probably, but these carts were rewritten all the time.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  6. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

>Yes, It's finally happening!
    >takes out wallet
    >Megaman 64 lol

7. discworld

discworld Blue Brother

assembler is in this part a stroker... awww :D i would love to play this bio 0 demo. thank you for sharing!

8. pato

pato Resolute Member

There was a "close call" here back in 2004 appearently, but dude went away because Capcom stepped in.

You wanna know something funny?

Someone in Bioflames forums said many years ago that a source in Europe had the 80% 1.5.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  9. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

@pato
    I remember that! It's too bad they didn't keep in touch. I got confirmation on my previous post as well, but unfortunately the opportunity never showed up again. If anything, I hope that threads like this will serve as a reminder that people are still interested in playing unreleased prototypes, and prompt someone to finally satisy our curiousity.

10. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

i was recently offered a former BH0 cart (with the current rom being a transition build of MML) turned it down since i allready know @OkejiDragon has that same build, no point in me spendig perhaps thousands on somthing allready out their, and the cart being in name only.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    TheNew likes this.
  11. Jinroh

Jinroh Active Member

So there are many former BH0 cards floating around but nobody ever made a rom?

12. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Because there are no roms. As you can see above, they were overwritten by Megaman 64

Keiji Dragon, PixelButts and MBMM like this.
  13. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Hey listen, Megaman Legends betas are rarer than you think It was totally worth it.

Me him ProtoDude and Bobo McCloud worked hard to get that cart. There was a lot of money involved too.
    There were 2 carts. One being the dumped debug one (which i believe was shown on Hard4Games with a brief mention of the debug one), the other being non-debug, but still nice to see.

No because the cart it was on was repurposed for the MM64 porting by capcom because why not. Now whether it's a good port or not... No. It's a bad port. But Megaman Legends is a great unappreciated series where people are too blinded by the first game's flaws to play the second or Tron Bonne.

Keiji Dragon and TheNew like this.
  14. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Well, the fact the one confirmed cart is out there means there's a chance it could show up sooner or later. Just like Dinosaur Planet. Say what you will about "hoarders," but I think as anyone ages in life their priorities change and sooner or later they look back at their protos which they sort of left forgotten in a closet for a few years and then make the decision to either finally sell or just get the data onto the net for posterity's sake.

I like to believe that anyway.

DS2 likes this.
  15. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

going ot give a bit of info why i turned it down (just so you understand) i had no idea what resident Evil 0 was nor of its history, nor what it should go for, so i thought it was useless investing what could be thousands on somthing i had no information nor history on, and the fact the cart bared its name, it meant nothing to me, im not a ressie fan so, i dont know much, but i wouldent pay for a cart just to brag "i own ressident evil 0",
    Also about the MML roms, capcom wouldent keep a random cart arround of a cancled project, @Stipo360 explained it pretty well, they will keep a milestone of the game, perhaps somthing like, a prototype, first working hud, things like that or keep specific roms in an archive. the carts would either be destoryed (not likley, but people owning them and not knowing what it was or thinking its broken if it dosent boot up in a retail system and then throwing it away is possible) or they will give it to developers for postarity reasons, or the more likley choise, dont waste the cart and reflash it for the next project.
    (sorry for my grammar or sentance formatting)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    DS2 likes this.