Resident Evil 0 N64

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by MoonDog, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

So, am I the only one who still has a burning desire to play this? Last year, I think it was, Capcom released some old footage from the game to promote the RE0 remaster, but that's it. Has anyone heard any new information about this prototype?

takensorryuser likes this.
  2. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

All i know is that Capcom are the only ones who have it, who knows if anybody has a N64 Prototype of it. It looks damn near complete though...

DSwizzy145 and MoonDog like this.
  3. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator Staff Member

The thought is that the train section demo is fairly complete, but everything else is less so. Youll hear people mentioning that someone may have had a computer or builds of it here before Capcom stepped in and all this other stuff, but that information is long gone and really wasnt ever verified publicly.

MoonDog likes this.
  4. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

I think that it being an unreleased N64 title makes it all the more coveted by people. As I may have mentioned in a previous thread, a well-known RE collector told me in a conversation that someone in Europe was offering the game for a price in the tens of thousands. This was around 2012 iirc, but who knows how much truth there is in that claim.

5. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

I wanna play the older n64 zelda more :)..

Zant, MoonDog and Kao like this.
  6. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Assembler's seen some mystical N64 protos apparently show up but never 100% confirmed. Supposedly a Conker's Quest cart was sold, supposedly some guy was found to have Ura Zelda but didn't want to let go, and then supposedly someone was here trying to sell RE0 before the post was removed due to someone apparently watching. Heck, I think Kevin himself had some Acclaim thing for 64DD that caught the attention of someone who asked he not share?

The only mystery I solved after lots of wasted time is who had the Conker cart, but they're too scared of legal action against them to be honest with me. The rest though, anyone's guess if it was really true or not. I really feel N64 is cursed on this forum.

takensorryuser, Zant and MoonDog like this.
  7. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

@Meer
    Everyone has their own thing, lol.

@Bramsworth
    Sometimes I wonder whether the whole "legal action" argument isn't just an excuse to not share. Of course, nobody is obliged to do so but it can't be that difficult to anonymously release something..

8. Bramsworth

Some people's paranoia is stronger than others, basically. Private collectors like these prefer something in return rather than just giving stuff away, so just putting it out there anonymously or not doesn't gain them anything. If they cared about recognition for their efforts or just general attention then they wouldn't be private to begin with either.

I personally try to avoid the word "excuse" for anything involving other people's possessions. Totally up to them what they do with it. No harm in trying to see what you can arrange if you have contact with them though :)

kennypecheur and MoonDog like this.
  9. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

I totally agree, I didn't mean to use it in that way. While preservation is viewed as a worthwhile cause by most in this community, no doubt most collectors look at it from an angle of personal motivation rather than the general consensus on what ought to happen with their stuff.

kennypecheur likes this.
  10. willcrook

willcrook Rapidly Rising Member

there's defiantly something about n64 protos.
    I know someone who proposed 6 figures to the person who allegedly has the genuine ura zelda proto and was declined (through a middleman). he has the money to pay.

11. Bramsworth

Damn, I love protos and all but there's no game worth six figures. That's insanity. If that person really turned that offer down they either don't really own it or money means nothing to them.

12. willcrook

you have to bare in mind that stadium events went for $34k and a 64dd ura zelda disk is pretty much the holy grail for many people, some of which aren't children now and a lucky few have accumulated sizable wealth

13. Jinroh

Jinroh Active Member

Wait, where does this video come from? The quality makes me think it must be pretty recent.

14. MoonDog

MoonDog Robust Member

If someone has the money to burn and really wants it, I guess it's worth that much to them. Personally, I wouldn't attach more value than a couple of thousand to any given prototype and even that's a stretch.

@Jinroh
    It's from a Capcom developers diary, when they were showing how RE0 had changed over the years before the release of the remastered version.

15. Jinroh

Jinroh Active Member

Oh yeah I remember now. But didn't they say it was old footage? It doesn't look old at all, back then they wouldn't have made a video of such good quality.

16. Bramsworth

Well, assuming your friend didn't get any proof from this person other than their word they actually own it, I'm going to assume this person and their middleman were messing with you. Most people with protos that they're looking to even humor offers for aren't already rich, so to turn down a six figure offer sounds absurd to me. Hope you guys aren't wasting your time with that joker too much.

Of course, it's a different story if they gave proof. But I'm sure we can all guess they didn't. I'm not bashing you btw, just more laughing at how obvious people are that try to fool others into making them think they have an infamous prototype.

17. willcrook

The middleman was an extremely credible person, I'm skeptical he'd be fabricating his source etc just for fun but it's possible.

As for my friend, he's very real and I doubt if the disk does exist outside Nintendo the owner will ever encounter such a ludicrously high offer ever again.

This was many years ago (time flies as you get older and I can't remember exactly how many).

18. Bramsworth

I wasn't 100% sure, but if this many years ago then you must be talking about nintendomad (RIP) and the Japanese dev that he found who didn't want to let the disk go. That was like 2008-2009. A lot of my time looking into the rumors surrounding nintendomad and his supposed possession of the Conker cart has led me to believe it was definitely not true, so I've come to doubt if he really had contacted anyone with Ura Zelda and wasn't instead having a laugh with people. Out of respect I won't go into details, but nintendomad was anything but extremely credible unfortunately.

Lemme know if I'm off the mark.

19. willcrook

yeah that's not far off but with a couple more people involved (effectively trying to get commission from the sale)

20. Twilight

Twilight Site Supporter 2015