GUIDE Reset Ps2 Tool password instruction

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by ASSEMbler, Jul 15, 2010.

1. albert83

albert83 Member

Thanks for the reply
    My Unit show DTL-T10002 at the playstation tv info and DTL-T 10000H.

What kind of programma i can use to backup the hdd (i have a pc whit Windows 10)

And there is a way to know who is the original software house that have buy this Unit?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Since the TOOL was not used to store information from the developers, you do not have a lot of possible places to look.
    You can check the CD/DVD drive, if a disc was left inside. Your DTL-T10000H has no DVD Emulator board installed, so it will have no games on the 2nd HDD.

That's not its model number, but the host name for the Linux PC. Somebody just labeled it as "DTL-T10002".

albert83 likes this.
  3. albert83

albert83 Member

Ok. If u say that there isnt nothing to Save i Will procede whit reset password, test dvd drive whit playstatiin 2 game if works fine. Than,i procede a complete disassembly, cleaning from the dust inside, reassembly and put in a box and bye bye

4. albert83

albert83 Member

Attached Files:

5. albert83

albert83 Member

thanks for all.

i have 2 last question. my tool have a 128 MB pc100 168 pin module ram. can i upgrade qhit 256 or 512 Mb pc100 168 pin ram?
    what kind of ram can i fix into the black plastich clip in the second picture? is a notebook ram?

Attached Files:

6. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

nice DTL-T10002, and there come with Sony asset label, it should internal / QA use
    may be they call 2 because setup for region code 2 ( eg.SCPH-30002)
    please asap full HDD backup

albert83 and zecoxao1 like this.
  7. albert83

albert83 Member

Hi and thanks for your support.can u help me about some question?
    -u think that this Unit is come From Sony england HQ?
    -About the ram can i upgrade whit a 512 mb ram or a notebook ram? (Best model?)
    -from My notebook, whit network cable, ive try to ping 192.168.0.10 but no result. Why? (i have fisconnected the pc from WiFi)
    -in My tv i cant see anymore the playstation 2 splash logo screen whit all data. Why?
    -need to start whit ps2 keyboard connected in the side PCI card? (now i have close all wit metal plate)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  8. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Why reset the password? Usually, nobody logged into the TOOL's PC.

There is no point in upgrading the memory because that PC was only used for communicating between the PS2 and the development PC. It should be SD RAM, if you really, really want to upgrade the memory for whatever reason.
    I do not know what the smaller socket is for. Maybe you can refer to the manual for the PCI815VE.

If the PS2 splash screen no longer appears and you cannot connect to the PS2 via dsedb, then the bootup of the TOOL is not completing. You should backtrack on what you did and check that everything was connected properly.

All TOOL units have the DVD EMU switch and LED, but not all had the DTL-T14000 emulator board installed. Yours does not seem to have the 3rd expansion slot filled, so it does not have one installed.

albert83 likes this.
  9. albert83

albert83 Member

Thanks for your help.

I think to upgrade memory ram whit 1 of 512 MB than serch the cd/dvd emulator boards, 1 hdd external drive and the blu vertical stand because i wanna have the full set of this TOOL Unit.

There is a section in this website were someone sell this pieces?

I forgot that i need to replace both batter inside (pc and ps2 System)

About. The Ps2 splashscreen, my tool have the keyboard Jack and i Will try to finish the boot up for a final test whit a playstation 2 Retail game to ceck if the dvd drive works fine. I dont know other method to ceck

10. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Technically, the only part that is missing from your TOOL is the base (which looks like the vertical stand for the PS2). Somebody must have removed it.
    Since it came screwed onto the TOOL, you will probably have to get one from another TOOL.

The external HDD unit was used for developing games that have HDD support, but is not required for operating the TOOL. To use it, you also need the AC adapter and the PC CARD. You can also use the CEX versions (SCPH-10190, SCPH-10200 & SCPH-20400) instead, although they are also quite rare.
    The TOOL has no browser, so it will not support the network adapter nor HDD on its own.

Good luck!

albert83 likes this.
  11. albert83

albert83 Member

Thanks for all hints.

There is a way to test if the dvd drive works fine whitout play playstation 2 games /reset password?

About the blu vertical stand, there is a section in this website were i can ask for someone have one to sell? Considering that for this Unit ive pay about 520€...
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019