GUIDE Reset Ps2 Tool password instruction

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by ASSEMbler, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

You must type fast after tab. You have appx 3 second to input a keystroke to break the boot.

2. ProtonX

ProtonX <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

This guide has been extremely helpful.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. Maicon7

Maicon7 Newly Registered

I am Michael from Brazil, i buyed the PS2 tools from USA sellers, he doesnt know the password when you turn on the system (Sony PlayStation 2 DTL-T10000) what i have to do to reset the original passowrd? please some guy help me, i dont know what i have to do, i only see the screen test and Login, please help me.

4. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

We have a faq for ps2 tool. Read it.

5. Maicon7

Maicon7 Newly Registered

Hello, thanks about your aswer, i dont find, do you help me, please give me the web link about the faq PS2 Tool? thanks

6. Maicon7

Maicon7 Newly Registered

Hello no is Ok!

"LILO boot:"

linux single

and

# passwd

Then i could to do new pasword :), but i put the DVD game and not play, what command i will have to put on Linux to read the DVD?

7. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

8. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

just use hardware test mode the black door, it only take less then 30sec reset root password

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  9. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Just to add on to this thread: the password for the root account was never known because the licensed PlayStation 2 developers never had access to the root account.

The TOOL was always managed remotely from http://<TOOL unit's IP address>/english/ (or http://<TOOL unit's IP address>/japanese/, for the Japanese language option). The slash character at the end of the address is necessary. The default username and password for the network portal are both "Administrator". The TOOL unit's IP address is displayed on-screen from the PS2-side (through the Multi-AV out port), after the TOOL unit boots up.

Debugging and development was done remotely on another PC. The TOOL is only for testing and debugging games, over the network. This is also probably why the PC-side interfaces (e.g. VGA connector and PS2 ports) are covered with a metal cap by default.

Therefore, if the password is reset, the content of the TOOL's HDD won't be the same as how it originally was. Just a warning, for those who wish to preserve the original condition of their TOOL unit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    AKuHAK likes this.
  10. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

if use linux hack the root password to reset it, that will same you say , tool side got problem
    but if you use hardware test mode login (is will got same as admin right) than change admin password is fine ;)
    no need open TOOL, no need live cd boot, it a easy ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  11. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

That's the point: the password was never meant to be available to outsiders. >_>
    If you change it through any method, then the content of the HDD becomes tampered with. I'm talking about keeping the HDD's content as original as possible.

12. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

Most of the people on this forum don't even have any idea how the tool are supposed to be used. They just want it to boot games so they can show off to friends how they can play a PS2 game disc in a $10,000 (original price) development kit. At least 80% of the tools being negotiated on the internet end on hand of collectors, not people who are going to use them with actual development of any kind.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  13. link2rage

link2rage Active Member

Ok. So how can i run a PS2 game son this machine

14. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

On your development machine (not the TOOL, although it can be done with the TOOL at the expense of the authenticity of the HDD's content), enter "reset 0x000f0002 0x100" into dsedb. Your unit's flash image must be new enough to support disc booting.

If you're planning to play games on a regular basis, you should probably use a retail console instead. They are generally made with newer and better parts, plus they are very common and cheap to procure.

15. link2rage

link2rage Active Member

Thank you. I am not intented to play games on this only to login a see what other feathure this machine have.

16. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

btw, it time to share the fast way reset root/admin password
    1. plug Keyboard and VGA to CP board in T10/15K
    2. power on, wait to login screen
    3. enter user: z , password : z
    4. than it will go hardware test section
    5. now don't enter any number ( in case you want QA you T10/15k
    6. control+z now, than system will go ground
    7. ok, now you can do what you want, change password or do some stuff .

END
    don't change z password , it will kill system boot.
    ;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    fate6 likes this.
  17. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

How to reset various settings (related to the management portal)

I think most, if not all of these scripts were meant to be run as the root user. So if you know that somebody has messed with the network settings and you really cannot reset it through other means.

Reset network settings
    Code:
    /usr/local/sony/bin/init-network-files

Then you can try running this to restart network support:
    Code:
    /usr/local/sony/bin/init-network

This script can reset the management website password:
    Code:
    /usr/local/sony/bin/devtool-passwordinit

This script can reset the management website password and network configuration, and restarts networking (does all the above):
    Code:
    /usr/local/sony/bin/devtool-init

devtool-init might be the best script to run, to reset settings to their de-facto forms.
    The default username and password for the web management portal is Administrator.

As for accessing the root account if the default root passwork of administ does not work, refer to the first post of this thread.
    I was told that it is possible to telnet into the TOOL as well.

But either way, remember that nobody outside of Sony was supposed to access the root account.
    In other words, accessing the PC this way would leave your mark on the TOOL. You may or may not like this, depending on what you idea of preservation is.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  18. albert83

albert83 Member

I im new here. Ive recentley buy a ps2 tool unit dtl-t10002

Ehat can i do to scan the hdd to serch any kind of playable content inside the hdd? I need to connect the tool to my pc than from a webpage oung the ip address snd then user password like admin? And then? Thanks

19. albert83

albert83 Member

Here some pic. I dont know who is the original software house hownen. I know only that it come From england

Attached Files:

20. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

There's no such thing as a DTL-T10002. You should check the real sticker at the back for the model number. It is likely a DTL-T10000.

Unfortunately, TOOLs were never used to program games directly, so you will never find any interesting content on the HDD. In terms of games, that is.

But it is still good to make backups of the HDDs IMO, since they are aging.

albert83 likes this.