1. We live again. All extra functionality removed for now. Search may be broken as may be other things. With love, ASSEMbler.

[Request] PSP Battery emulator (for DTP-T1000/DTP-H1500)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by mathieulh, Jul 17, 2017.

1. mathieulh

mathieulh Humble homebrewer

I am looking for the PSP battery emulator which was shared to third party developers, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be embedded in the official sdk package and I do not have psp devnet access. Does anyone still have access to the file?

2. Helegad

Helegad PowerPC

Battery emulator? Now that's interesting. I recall one of the ways to softmod your PSP back in the day was to cut open the battery and do something funky to it. So what exactly is in the battery apart from cells?

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

The reason it's a "battery emulator" is because the systems used were always connected to power, and therefore had no real battery in the conventional sense.

4. WorldGenesis

WorldGenesis :D

I believe I have an image of what mathieulh is requesting on for this, I'll have to dig it up. They showed it at some developers conference/meeting back in 2004/2005ish.

The software was used to emulate the battery usage since they ran on AC power, things like the Media Engine / WiFi / UMD caching / screen brightness usage was shown in this utility. So developers would be able to take all these in factor during testing :p

pool7 likes this.