[REQUEST] Driv3r / Driver: Parallel Lines (Debug - PC/Xbox)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Fireboyd78, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Looking for builds of either Driv3r or Driver: Parallel lines that have their debugging modes still intact. I have spent years searching for anything that even remotely resembles a debug build. There are screenshots floating around the internet of Driv3r for Xbox with the debug menu open, but sadly a download does not exist. Usually the retail versions of these games are heavily stripped of anything that so much as tells you what's going on (error messages, warnings, etc).

I am mainly interested in the actual executable file and/or possibly some sort of file that describes what functions were exported (I sincerely doubt these exist). Not really looking to play these so much as reverse engineering their contents to be put to good use :)

If you know of a PS2 debug build, feel free to post it here (anything helps!), but I'm mostly interested in the PC or Xbox versions. PC version debug builds would be absolutely god-tier, as I have never seen anything like them before. I won't hold my breath, however.

tl;dr - If you know about a debug build of either Driv3r or Driver: Parallel Lines for PC or Xbox, please post whatever information/files you have here. Not actively seeking PS2 versions but also not opposed to them.

Thank you!

Anthony817 and SO Remixer like this.
  2. SO Remixer

SO Remixer Lovely Sweet Dream

By chance did you try asking about Driver Madness? I'm assuming you're a member of that forum already (as am I), but if not I'd head on over there.

3. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Yep, unfortunately we don't have any leads there either. You'd think being one of the largest Driver fansites would give you extra perks with the developers, but really it doesn't. They stopped talking to us after DSF was released. Especially after Martin Edmondson stepped down... :(

SO Remixer likes this.
  4. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Monthly bump #1 =P

5. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Monthly bump #2. Who needs a valentine, anyways?

6. pato

pato Resolute Member

There was someone who was selling here a preview/review copy for PS2, it was at the Marketplace alongside with huge PS2 and other consoles stuff.

7. wombat

wombat SEGA!

That someone would be me :) here you have a screenshot of the contents of the disc (dated february 2006, review code):

driver-parallel-lines-review-february-2006.png

(you can find my sales topic here)

8. Helegad

Helegad PowerPC

Edit: never mind.

9. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Hi Wombat, thanks for replying! I would've seen this much sooner but unfortunately Assembler went down, as you know.

Do you still have this disc? Please let me know!

TheDude likes this.
  10. TheDude

TheDude car_2dr_muscle02

Hope & pray he still has it.

11. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Hate to bring it @Fireboyd78, this disc has since been sold!

12. TheDude

TheDude car_2dr_muscle02

Annnnd this can all be blamed on the site webmaster who let the site be down for like 4-5 months, otherwise @Fireboyd78 could've got it. Did you at least make a backup of the disk?!
    Typical, no response. All you collectors are the same, all you care about is "muh money", you never stop and think about how interesting the content of the disk/build is.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  13. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Bumpin' up the thread level to 11!

14. phenom

phenom Active Member

How did you go with the OPSM Demo that I posted, were there any decent things apart from the map files in there?
    I literally think that demo is the closest thing you will get to anything Parallel Lines related, although I could be wrong.

15. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Oh hey, thanks again for that demo! The map files I found were the ones that were previously missing from the American demo, but other than that there's not many changes aside from additional language files. The ELF is the same for both versions, in fact. But sadly there's no super cool debug stuff or developer goodies leftover.

I did run a quick comparison on the unpacked files using WinMerge. Seems there's some small differences as seen here. Also something I didn't notice before, is the map file for the "TESTSTATION" build was actually updated. Obviously we don't have access to this version of the game, but it's still interesting how it got included in the files for the demo.

It's this kind of stuff I hope to find someday for Driv3r, although it's becoming more and more unlikely at this point. But those map files have helped me immensely, which I am super grateful that they exist in the first place!

16. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

The search continues!

Update:
    For Driv3r, I am particularly interested in finding builds from September 2003 to February 2004.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  17. Amorri40

Amorri40 Active Member

Wow a 97.6MB executable! That will definitely have debug symbols in it, hope someone will leak it or sell it someday :)

18. wombat

wombat SEGA!

I have no interest whatsoever in making a problem out of this, especially seeing you posted this all the way back in 2017! That being said, there is a real simpel answer to why I did not respond anymore. Only when you quote or tag a user, the user in question receives a notification. Since you didn't do either I never noticed you were expecting an answer from me. [You see that reply above from @Amorri40, that triggered a notification for me]

That being said I did not make/keep a back-up of the discs contents. Completely ignoring the legal element, I think it's bad practice to keep a copy of anything you sell.

Bad_Ad84 and Amorri40 like this.
  19. lordnoc

lordnoc Active Member

How does the PS2 even load that executeable with its 32MB RAM ??

20. wombat

wombat SEGA!

@lordnoc, that probably explains why it didn't run on my PS2 TEST at the time. The data was playable on an emulator though, so in retrospect it was probably for play on a TOOL.

Anthony817 likes this.