[Request] Devil May Cry 4 Trial Version (NTSC-J, PS3)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by TreblaYevrah, Apr 7, 2018.

1. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah Site Supporter 2014,2015

I'm more or less just generally interested in this demo, and am wondering if anybody has managed to back it up. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure that there's no way to still access it on the Japanese PSN store for PS3, but I seem to remember checking over a year ago and not being able to find it.

This is a video somebody uploaded of it back in 2006. Not great quality, but it at least shows the demo being played. It had some slight differences from the final game, and as far as I can tell this demo definitely never existed for the 360 version. Don't get me wrong, I know that there is a digital 360 demo, but it was basically based on the final build of the game.

Anyway, I just think it would be an interesting demo for someone to potentially pick apart in the future. Given that it was a digital release, there's a very high probability that there aren't many maps and the like left in the data, but who knows. I'm not too familiar with the DMC hacking scene, but I haven't come across anything about people trying to dig into this trial version.

2. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

NexTheReal likes this.
  4. gladiator5

gladiator5 Robust Member

Can this one still be downloaded from a account that has had bought it before?
    If yes it would be worth a shot, but will have too hook up my ps3 too check it.
    Not 100% sure but I can remember playing a demo from devil may cry 4

5. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

The links we have for the 2008 demo are for US EU JP and HK regions. If there is still an account that has the 2006 demo, which I will go on a limb being unlikely as it seems it was a shop kiosk only kind of demo, then it should still be available for download IF you have the link, the account, or if its still there. Theres a 2 year gap between these demos, so you'd have to be sure you have the correct one.
    But yes if you have the account, and it's been downloaded, and it's still on psn, you can redownload it.

6. TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah Site Supporter 2014,2015

Hmm, admittedly I know very little about the details of the 2006 trial. It would be unfortunate if it had only been available as a shop demo, though.

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

You'd be surprised how likely that is

8. TheManThatTellsTheTruth

TheManThatTellsTheTruth Active Member

I can confirm the build seen there is just a KIOSK demo, however there was a more advanced build from 2007 that was available for download on PSN, which is this one: