[REQ] Silent Hill Trade Demo [SLUS_80707]

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by giromancy, May 1, 2013.

1. giromancy

giromancy Member

[REQ] Silent Hill Trade Demo [SLUS_80707]

[​IMG]

Hi everyone ;), im looking for this rare disc of Silent Hill, im 100% sure that this disc it was given to
    the press to make their magazine reviews and it has some differences compared from the retail version.

The PSM (Playstation Magazine), #20 April 1999 has published a strategy guide divided in 3 parts, the last
    one has a text which says that the version of the game they used was a version that was not yet completely finished,
    you can see the text here:

CS.png

You can see the whole article here:
    http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh1/articles/pics/psm_1999_april_01.jpg

If you read the 2 firsts articles of the Strategy Guide:
    • PSM, #18 February 1999 (Preview Strategy)
    • PSM, #19 March 1999 (QA / Review / Walktrough)

You can see that there´s a lot of differences from this version to the retail one, some examples:

1. The pipe found in the alley in the retail version, is found after enter the school at the end of Midwich St in this version.
    2. The item pipe is called ¨Lead Pipe¨ instead of ¨Steel Pipe¨.
    3. Monsters appear in different places of the town.
    4. The Old SH Map is different from the final version too.
    5. The items names are different.
    6. Some cutscenes are non existent.
    7. Some missing dialogues.
    8. Different textures
    9. Etc.

Some screens:

*The Lead pipe found at the end of Midwich St (taken from PSM Strategy Guide).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Different Splash Screen (LEFT: Beta / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Different Splash Screen (LEFT: Beta / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Seal of Metatron hanging on the wall, removed and changed in the final game (LEFT: Beta / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Romper creatures walking in OLD SH, these creatures doesn´t appear in this location in the final game (LEFT/RIGHT PSM Strategy Guide).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

First design of OLD SH map (LEFT: Early Beta / RIGHT: US Trial Demo)
    [​IMG]

First design of Midwich Elementary School map (LEFT: Early Beta / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG]

Option Menu (LEFT: US. OPM 16 Demo / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG]

Test Screen (LEFT: Early Beta / RIGHT: Final Game)
    [​IMG]

Test Screen (LEFT: Early Beta / RIGHT: US Final Game)
    [​IMG]

Test Screen (LEFT: Early Beta / RIGHT: US Final Game)
    [​IMG]

I hope someone can help me to find this game SH Trade Demo (SLUS_80707), im a big fan of SH, i have my own site for SH1 and i
    would like to make a deep analysis of this version for my site, and also for collection. Any beta, proto or alpha version of this game would be usefull too.

thanx in advanced everyone!. ;) and sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    BadSpencer1986 likes this.
  2. good

good Spirited Member

del

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Screens in this thread are simular to:
    [SCUS-94278] - Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine Demo Disc 16 -[NTSC-U]
    Inside of this disc there is silent hill demo.
    You can download it here:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Play...Demo_Disc_16_[U]_[SCUS-94278]/138806-download
    some screens from it:
    [​IMG]
    about other screens: they are not from in-game of any version of Silent Hill
    They are from resources of some demos, here is my collection list:

http://funkyimg.com/i/JtyG.png
    upd2: forget about [06.11.98] Silent Hill Trial Edition [SLPM-80363]
    upd3: [11.10.99] The Best Horror Games Ever [SCED-02420]

* some of demos have this "alpha" textures inside their resources.
    * about SLUS_807.07, perhaps there is no public copy of this CD now, and maybe never will.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. giromancy

giromancy Member

-----

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  5. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

I have a SLUS-00707 disc dated 22/01/1999, not the one you're looking for but some of the differences the magazine lists ring a bell (this version has the demon babies for example which were changed to cuddle bear things in the final)

6. giromancy

giromancy Member

I have already answered to SILENT_Pavel and rewak two days ago, but my messages does not appear here, why?

Yeah i know, i made a deep analysis of that demo two years ago on my site, you can see it here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/shresort/sh-demo-official-u-s-playstation-magazine-16

Maybe not all the screens are from a physic version, but if you read the BradyGames Strategy Guide you can
    see that they used a FULL version to make the walktrough but that is different from the FULL version retail,
    (a full game with demo aspect). So i think that the version they used to make the walktrough was a disc given
    exclusively to magazines, maybe this one: SLUS_80707. You can see the screens used in the magazine are totally
    different from the retail version, and also details like the pipe location are the same one that appear in the PSM Strategy Guide,
    so i'm pretty sure both magazine used the same version to make their walktroughs.

[​IMG]

This person seems to have more than one copy of this version on his hands, but i couldn't contact with him:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1up_code/429927735/

Demon babies? you mean these one:

[​IMG]

This is the development from the beta creatures:

In the first game, there was actually a child-type creature that was discarded. When Silent Hill first went on sale, rumors about
    this became a topic of conversation among some fans. Accordingly, if one checks the preview images of Silent Hill that were presented
    to the public at E3 of 1998, sure enough, there is a creature that doesn't appear in the game. The truth is that the "mumbler" that appears
    in the elementary school was pronounced "no good" as many as three times by the Ethics Committee, which was something that gradually
    gained quite a bit of notoriety. Let's introduce the whole story of the design changes that stretch from the phantom creature to the mumbler.

Could it be that the three times the same creature was determined to be "no good" set a record for the highest number of times this
    happened in the history of the CESA Ethics Committee? It seems that the point of fighting and killing a creature with a child-like form became
    quite a problem. Silent Hill's preview images are included in the "Lost Memories: The Art and Music of Silent Hill" DVD.

Child #1 (BETA)
    This creature was the first design of the Larval Stalker creature, it was discarded because of his baby form and it was
    able to kill him.
    [​IMG]

Child #1 (Larval Stalker) FINAL GAME
    The fact that it was made into a shadow-like being that is unable to attack got the approval
    of the Ethics Committee.
    [​IMG]

Child #2 (BETA)
    #2 was created as a nopperabou-like humanoid monster that is not wearing clothes.
    (note: In Japanese folklore, a nopperabou is a ghost without a face.)
    [​IMG]

Child #2 (BETA2)
    Compared to child #2, this humanoid creature is somewhat larger. The head was modified.
    [​IMG]

Child #3 -Demon Child (Final Game NTSC/UC)
    A creature that was designed anew. It appears in the North American edition of the game.
    [​IMG]

Child #4 Mumbler (His design was totally remade for the PAL & NTSC/J versions)
    (Final Game NTSC/J PAL)
    Because the humanoid silhouette was abandoned and hook-like claws were added, permission
    for the domestic release was finally obtained.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Chagosan likes this.
  7. MarvieT

MarvieT Member

Please I believe the trade demo mentioned in this thread is the one with the version of the Grey Child where he is a visible version of Larval Stalker. Can somebody please tell me if is there anywhere I can download the trade demo?

8. retro

retro Moderator Staff Member

Please stop posting the same thing all over the forum. Post ONCE and be patient and wait for a reply.

Your first post contained a link - as explained here, you have been moderated by the auto spam system. When you posted, it should have given you a message explaining this. If you don't see your posts immediately, just wait and a moderator will get round to approving them.

Don't expect someone to pirate this for you for free. I think you've worked out for yourself that it's not out there. If you want it, buy a copy.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  9. SILENT_Pavel

10. MarvieT

MarvieT Member

Thank you, I realy liked this modded version, however what I'm looking for is the real deal, with beta content included, etc. After a long search I think the Silent Hill Trade-Demo might be considered an early beta, but then I could not find anywhere this build for download or for selling. I'm hoping to find new information in this site about this beta along with new info from other games too. While many people seems interested in Resident Evil betas, it's very hard to find information regarding SH betas and some other survival horror games. I really do hope to find some here.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  11. MarvieT

MarvieT Member

All the messages I sent were posted in topics related to the subject, for different and some specific people to read and also they differ from each other. I'm not only looking for the Trade Demo but also information regarding the beta. The links I included were clearly not spam. I also know I can buy it and I intend to if no one gives it for free or if someone show up selling it. It's not because you are part of the staff for this site it gives you the right to treat people in a rude way. I believe this site is supposedly made for people to interact with each other talking about games. If people can't post messages what is the meaning of this site? I'm not a troll and I read the site's rules and believe I have done anything wrong.

12. SILENT_Pavel

This is real beta content. model files were transferred from the demo version to final game. Also:
    http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?p=7656229#p7656229
    http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?p=7656407#p7656407

https://github.com/SILENTpavel/SHresearch
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SILENTpavel/SHresearch/master/README.md

http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?p=7660399#p7660399
    this file you can download here: https://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?52574-Announcing-the-Prototopia-project

13. SILENT_Pavel

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  14. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Downloading and saving for future use

15. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Thanks a bunch, @SILENT_Pavel. I'm going to give this a shot ASAP.

16. EETFUK

EETFUK EETFUK

Thank you so much. Really awesome!

17. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

Any way to add any of the content from the trade show disc to the full retail version to restore some of the older stuff? Or maybe a ppf patch like you posted above? Would be cool to see it in a full game.

18. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

BadSpencer1986 and Borman like this.
  19. SILENT_Pavel