[REQ] Manic Game Girl (SLPM-88501)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by richterw, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Abandonware has no concept in law at the moment. Its either in copyright or it isnt. Assembler saying otherwise doesnt mean anything, other than hes willing to accept the risk of it being posted on this site.

Hes said its OK, doesnt mean thats law. Which is what stranno is correctly saying.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

is the game even good?

3. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

4. richterw

richterw Rapidly Rising Member

Well, the producer company no longer exists. This game is rare because is very hard to find, so its value in the case of buying an original cd is expensive. What is not fair, considering that already had a version .iso circulating some time ago, in the dead megaupload.

I just think, maybe because this is a hard game to find, it deserved to enter the category of games that should be preserved. I've never heard of this game before, and probably it will be forgotten like many other good games that we missed for lack of knowledge.

5. richterw

richterw Rapidly Rising Member

It's a game that used the effects of PS1 very well, because it was released in the end of his life. Its an action RPG in the style of Hent-a-Hero, basically.

6. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

@richterw ah so you've heard of Rent-A-Hero too dude?! cuz that's like another unaware & great underrated gem that NO one has even bothered reviewing over or highly mentioning at all! so it looks like i'm not the only guy around who's heard of it too :)

7. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Rent-A-Hero is very well known actually. It's Japan-only, but it's not obscure in any other way. Many people reviewed it, even from this forum.

8. rso

It appears to be better known, actually, than the other Rent-A-Hero, the '99 Windows adventure game.

9. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

The copyright on this game has not expired.

Welcome to the world of collecting. Stuff that is in-demand is expensive.

Your argument for preservation is moot. There are many copies of this floating around and it's possible to find one for sale at any given time. It's not like this is a rare beta on a single disc that has to be backed up.

You first claimed you were looking to buy the original, but were only asking for the ISO because the original was "impossible" to find.

When a google search instantly turned up a seller, you then said you couldn't buy because it was "too expensive."

Both of those arguments fall flat. Just because a game is "too expensive" for your budget doesn't automatically mean it's open season to pirate it. Trying to argue that point on a forum that is full of game collectors, people who do actual preservation and game devs isn't going to win you any points.

If piracy is what you want, the Internet can abide. There are tons of forums that are setup just for piracy. Again though, we're not one of them.

And it's not even like this game is completely unknown. It's been discussed on many PlayStation forums, pops up on eBay regularly and has gotten talked about here in the past. Plus, when you take into account minimum print run sizes, more copies of Manic Game Girl were made than some well-known Saturn games.

Just because something isn't well known in English-only land, doesn't mean it's unknown. ;)

Bad_Ad84 likes this.
  10. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

Yeah I know it's pretty common, there's even a fan translation in the works as we speak but very very slow progress kinda makes me think he beginning to lose interest sorta in a way & don't care for it much especially with Youtubers of the norm that are filled with Nintendroids around makes it hard for collectors or importers to know anything of the Genesis library at all!

11. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I'll put it to you this way.

If people can get away with selling "zelda 3" on ebay, no one is going to give a damn about this game.

1. Copyright varies by country.

2. Trademarks allowed to expire can be applied for.

I think people are thinking too USA centric, the USA is not the world, nor are it's laws the world's laws.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and also bound to the laws where they live. So depending on that mess of facts, either
    find and host the iso, or be deeply offended at possible lost income for a bankrupt entity.

So back on track, on this site this game is considered abandoned.

Now feel free to hunt down copies for people so it can be owned legitimately, or even contact the programmers for a blessing to share, or buy the rights and
    sell copies.

I expect that has covered all legal issues about this and discussion of the game and it's merits can continue.

12. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Confirmed there is some places in the internet, where right now you can get this game for free...
    proof:
    [​IMG]
    screens in native resolution:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  13. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Share link? Assembler said it's fine if I understood him correctly :)

14. rso

Can't tell if they actually have it in stock, but there seems to be a cheap (2600円) copy on offer here. So if you want a physical copy, you can try your luck there.

Anyways, this is hard to track down - The only leads I have found so far are a megaupload link (dead, obviously) and some chinese(?) forum user that claims to have it... A link would be much appreciated.

15. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

I have just downloaded a copy five minutes ago. Would it be best to PM the link and credit the source, or re-upload and post a link here?

16. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

well, set in google "Manic Game Girl [SLPM-88501] RPG (J)"
    you will see

17. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

I'm having problems with putlocker, so I'll PM the OP the link.

18. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

It's cool to link, Jack :) Didn't you read the thread? Assembler (owner of this site) said it's fine with him.

Thanks, Pasha!

EDIT:
    http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=25545
    They have links there, I'm not registered though :(

19. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

20. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

I tried getting it through that Russian source, but they want to text you an SMS and have you confirm you're real before you get a download link. Not sure how anyone else got it.

I'll take a link :) A friend of mine hacks PSX games, he might be interested to get it translated. Though I saw shots on Google making it look like it can already be played in English so I dunno...