[REQ] Manic Game Girl (SLPM-88501)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by richterw, Nov 17, 2013.

1. richterw

richterw Rapidly Rising Member

Currently I have been interested in these Japanese PSX games, in which the majority uses concepts from one or two next generations. I cite as an example Mizzurna Falls and Germs.

But now I've found a game, which is probably one of the most rare and hard to find, being in disc format, or iso:

SLPM-88501 manic game girl
    140005261.jpg

So, someone has the iso, an cd, or know how to get this game?

2. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

We don't support piracy here.

If you want a retail game, go spend the money and buy it.

3. richterw

You actually read the topic?

"So, someone has the iso, an cd, or know how to get this game?"

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to someone show me some way to get this game, even if it is buying, because I cannot find this game anywhere.

4. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Yes, I read the topic.

You posted a request for an ISO of a retail PlayStation game in the downloads section of the site.

The only reason to do that is if you're looking to pirate it.

If you wanted to buy the original game, you would have posted a WTB request in the marketplace and you certainly wouldn't have included a request for the ISO in your post.

Not to mention, you were ALSO asking for download links to ISOs of the game in this thread:
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?48754-PSX-games-rare-and-ahead-his-time

You wouldn't have posted multiple requests for an ISO if you just wanted to buy the original.

There are plenty of places on the Internet to get pirated games if that's your thing. This is not one of those places.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  5. richterw

whatever it is, it's just an old game that was never released outside of Japan, and it's probably impossible to find a copy to buy, or even an iso to download.
    I thought maybe my question had been clear enough and I could get some help, but it seems I was wrong. A lot of headache by just a simple game, nevermind.

6. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

It was released in Korea. No, it's not common, but it still shows up on eBay every now and then.

You should also keep an eye out on Yahoo Japan and sign up with a forwarding service as you're more likely to see it for sale there than on US or Europe eBay.

Either way, it's far from "impossible" to find a copy to buy.

EDIT: A quick google search turns up a Canadian seller on Kijiji.

http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/c-buy...generation-Manic-Game-Girl-W0QQAdIdZ533160204

Spend a little time looking and you can turn up other sellers as well.

7. richterw

Thanks for the link, but this game is proving to be very expensive to obtain. There are some prototypes of other games that are cheaper, better forget about this game.

8. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

I have actually found a link as well to buy this game (not Ebay at all) but some sorta Korean or Japanese looking blog that selling it to at least 1,000 or 3,000+ yen atm. P.S richterw check your PM ;)

9. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

>declared lead Fable III combat designer Mike West
    so, if you buy second-hand original game from ebay/other you will not paid nothing to the developers anyway

10. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Guys let's not turn this into a debate regarding if it's good or bad to pirate an out-of-print old video game. This board has an certain amount of rules, where requesting/sharing full versions of retail games is not allowed, so let's all just get along and respect these rules.

11. richterw

Yeah, this is not the kind of game that you could find at the corner store, so I contemplated the possibility of getting at least one iso, due to the level of difficulty of getting this game. But anyway, if it brings me so much trouble and goes against the rules of the forum, better forget about it and move on.

PS: And the developers of that game have reached the bankruptcy years ago, but anyway...

12. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

If the company is bankrupt and no transfer or sale of IP, it is ok to copy the game.

13. DSwizzy145

Yeah & then again if people like some refuse to give up the iso of said super duper rare game cuz "against piracy" talk crap then what?! i'll be lost in a void forever! with no sight of information or interest of rom/iso translation requesting. so "some" stuff is alright to download copies depending on certain situations when game collecting or import hunting!

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Despite it being morally acceptable (and the rules of this forum, according to assembler) - you have no RIGHT to the ISO.

So please dont act like you do.

15. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

If the copyright / trademark has been allowed to expire then it is abandonware.

17. DSwizzy145

So isn't this game considered abandonware then? Never heard of the company before & who knows if they're still kicking it alive or perhaps dead for awhile but wasn't aware till now maybe.

18. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

There's no such thing as abandonware in real life. It doesnt matter if there's no way to get the game, how many games it sold, how old it is, etc.

Its just about the copyright laws and if the game owner (developer, editor, publisher, etc) allow people to distribute it for free.

19. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Yes there is, read one post above yours.

20. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

This is not abandonware ...

Abandonware is blablabla the game is old blablabla i cant buy it blablabla not commercial anymore blablabla. Those kind of lies that have been around since nineties. Like the 24hour try-ware (whatever was called) stuff and so.

What copyright have expired? In US i belive is like 40 years and first games ever released belongs to Atari/Activision that renew copyrights in order to make shitty compilations every fucking year.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013