[REQ] Dreamcast Archive

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by LordFenixNC, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic Spirited Member

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that-- I've been there, so I understand. Hope things go better well moving forward for you. Best of luck!

2. petterk

petterk Spirited Member

Take care man, and take care of your self first, then upload :)

3. simbin

simbin Spirited Member

Hi, I just saw your post in the "Let's make GD ROM emulation happen" Facebook group. I was wondering if you got things sorted and if you still plan on finishing this Dreamcast archive. I'm really looking forward to the USB-GDROM myself - can't wait!

4. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

still trying to figure out where to put all my stuff all my DC stuff are on another drive.. I even lost all my log in data for all my current uploads so when i do i might start over and keep all log in info logged and saved someplace but i do plan on finishing the archive and going the extra mile if there is any to go.

5. rey1178

rey1178 Rising Member

Hope things are working out for you. Many of us are looking forward to seeing this completed.

6. theross

theross Member

@Threadstarter:
    in
    Dreamcast PAL A-L, Alone In The Dark (DE) is not DE, but FR ;)

7. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Ahh, I hope everything works out for you Fenix. Sorry about the hardship. Thanks for all your contributions so far.

8. deividfeitosa

deividfeitosa Newly Registered

Hello, and I'm looking for this game.
    TREASURE STRIKE or DREAMCAST
    PAL or NTSC
    Japanese think only exists in this language.
    this is the game of a video link

Thank you very much to all to share.

Attached Files:

9. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

You need to post your own request, rather than hijacking someone else's. Also remember that it has to be legal files - if it was released, look on eBay or post a WTB.

deividfeitosa likes this.
  10. deividfeitosa

deividfeitosa Newly Registered

I'm new here where I do my friend request and I did not know that someone had already asked this game, sorry.

11. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

I have started over again from scratch. I am currently uploading USA TOSEC 2014 set. I have the Entire TOSEC so will be uploading ALL of it. also i now have TruRip 2015 and will be uploading all of that. TWC new speed upgrade now has me uploading between 22-28Mbps so should be way faster than 5 i was getting

rey1178 likes this.
  12. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

well I have hit a speed bump... I ran out of phone numbers to use to verify accounts... if anyone wants to help i just need a cell number to allow Google to text Verification code for the account. if you dont mind inbox me. If not its cool... I just had 2 friends offer up their numbers thats going to be 3-6 accounts per line so that is another 50-200GB of data. as you can see all of TOSEC is uploaded and ready for you guys to access... im currently working on Trurip USA... Hope everyone is enjoying archive and hope to keep adding to it.

daz boots, rey1178 and Esppiral like this.
  13. daz boots

daz boots Newly Registered

I made a account just for you! Thank you so much for all your contributions to this project :). I would suggest using outlook instead of gmail, with outlook you can create 10 alias email accounts under your main email and no need for numbers.

I do have one question, how complete is the trurip collection? I don't mind filling in the gaps with tosec, both are better than my current cdi collection, no idea what I was thinking when I was collecting dreamcast years ago.

14. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

Trurip gets it's GDI's from TOSEC so in that area they are one in the same. TOSEC requires a game to be dumped twice by different dumpers and systems to be added into the database. Trurip does not require that and also adds unreleased games and has Mil_CD rips using the Trurip software. So it has everything TOSEC has and more.

15. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

yeah but people like to say they prefer one over the other... Sooo figured here you go... Sorry for have not updating anything... Just been too busy with school and work... I still have all the rips and Even been trying to get the Mostly complete Xbox releases... I am currently out of HDD space and need to migrate stuff around and even considering building a server... but everything is $$$ so no idea when

16. daz boots

I definitely like trurips naming convention more. I am converting all of your trurip collection into chd's, If you want to add it to your collection I can upload them and hand over the mega accounts to you. If you do, it might take me a couple months, my isp wouldn't like it much if I did all this in a single month on top of my other traffic. If you haven't checked it out these chd conversions run just as fast as gdi and almost as small as the original zip compression while keeping its losslessness.

Before anyone asks why I don't just find pre converted games instead of doing it myself its because I don't trust the original source before the conversion. I did the exact same things with my ps1 .pbp conversion, for all I know all the .pbp files floating around were originally lossy backup instead of lossless.

17. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

CHD work for USB-GDrom? also did you make your PS1 games PSIO compliant? if so i would love to get that from you and HOST them...

18. daz boots

Honestly I do not know. The dreamcast chd's work for pretty much any emulator that has had development in the past 5 years, same with the psx pbp's. I have no doubt in my mind usb-gdrom and psio could read these files but I'm not sure if they have been implemented. Its a shame they probably haven't.

19. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

Not sure if CHD would work as I am not sure the DC can decompress them on the fly properly. But you can just use tools to rip the padding out of games to save an enormous amount of space for GD-ROM emulation users.

20. LordFenixNC

LordFenixNC Peppy Member

I really need to figure out how to make a Custom GDI...