[Release] Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 360 (Mod)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by PixelButts, Dec 8, 2015.

1. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

It's not a new release by any means, nor is it usually looked at in this manner but let's all handle this one maturely. I've gotten approval from ASSEMbler to release this, so all should be well.

Take the time to read the backstory, as you may find it to be the most interesting of this.

--Backstory--
    So in my efforts of finding content to preserve for my own collection, I came across this title. We're likely all familiar with this title for its gameplay, and normally this would be overlooked due to its content, but that's not why I'm releasing this. I had tried finding an ISO of the title with the infamous patch applied, but it struck me as odd that links on the usual sites were all down (some going back to Megaupload). Well, that's a tad disappointing but I suppose that's to be expected (DMCA usually makes it happen). So I tested my luck on some other sites that had made a release. Also all down. Okay, that's a but odd... So as such I check P2P sharing methods. No torrents are alive (IE - nobody has the files). No sites had the files, and no people had the files.
    So what am I supposed to do? I'm certain there's some people that have the files SOMEWHERE. In the end I spent 4 hours before I came across one torrent. It had only 3 seeders (2 since one was off and on).
    In the end, I had gone through 74 sites, 30 torrents (all non-English as well), and hundreds of links, free or otherwise (part files and such) before I found any copy of this title, only to see only 3 others on the planet were seeding the files. I almost got some viruses along the way but it was for locating this game as well.
    Now what else happened? Well the game was obtained... in GOD format (game on demand) which I deemed unacceptable as it's not in its closest to original format. I converted the GOD format back to a rip format and tested it. The game worked, all content is as it should be.

--But why?--
    Q: So why is this being released? It's a retail game, but modded with 18+ content so why is it fine to share it? It's not a beta or prototype, so what gives?

A: This was almost gone from all filesharing methods, almost nobody had it available, and the efforts needed to have found a copy are dangerous as well as slim, very slim. The fact almost nobody has it is terrifying. The goal is to preserve the title and not let it disappear forever. An example like this would be like P.T. for PS4. It's gone forever officially and if we didn't act, Konami would have wiped the game from existence in playable form.

--Release--
    I'm going to say it now, while this is 18+ content, even if it's been approved, the point of the release is for preservation of a game mod that has almost been erased from the internet. I trust that fellow members of Assembler can handle this maturely and that we can have a sophisticated discussion.
    It's the nude patched game, but let's keep this mature.

And thanks to a cool source that prefers not to be named for sharing the original mod files.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Nude patch?

3. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

Probably. downloading it now to add it my massive archive of releases, don't even own a 360.

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Correct.
    I can make that more clear if needed.

5. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Gee dude, I have this. Could've asked me and saved your long search.

6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

My efforts were worth it regardless. It's uploaded, it's in rip format, that's all I care for.
    But take my word for it, this is dead literally everywhere.

I'm happy you at least have a copy lol.

7. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

I can't remember what format mine was in honestly. I downloaded it last year I think..

There was an actual bootleg release of the game with this patch. I've only found one cover on the internet but never seen it again.

8. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Things like this are actually why I put effort into it. Do you recall what the cover looked like?
    The one I uploaded is region free, I assume it was in PAL originally though.

9. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

It had Playbox on the banner, was also a foil effect cover like on bootleg trading cards. I can't remember much else though :(

10. zoinknoise

zoinknoise hectic danger days

more effort than i'd go thru for some virtual areolae.

thanks for sharing.

11. OverMuch

OverMuch Newly Registered

Forgive my ignorance, as modding save files/games/etc. is new to me as of yesterday. I downloaded the file referenced by OP, and I literally have no idea what to do with it. Should it be converted to an ISO and burned to dual-layer DVD?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

12. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

A modded 360 will be needed (or devkit). You can burn it to a DVD or throw it on the internal hard drive.

13. pato

pato Resolute Member

What a kinda of coincidence, i am doing a Reverse Search on images that i've saved from facebook weeaboo pages that doesn't give the sauce.

PixelButts likes this.
  14. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I very much doubt you'll find much in the end. Those images are compressed far too much to result in usable searches.

pato likes this.
  15. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

Thanks for this sweet & tangy release! Now i just need to save up so i can buy a modded Xbox 360 in favor to replace my stock unmodded 360 and/or give it to someone who wants it probably.

16. pato

pato Resolute Member

Well, most of them have a decent quality, but sometimes I can't find the results on google, so I appeal to Tineye or SauceNAO.

17. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

>Not buying an XDK

ppppfffftttt1!!1!!!!

18. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

I wouldn't mind buying an XDK as long as i can get one cheap :p if possible... lol

19. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

I have the patch in its reelase form ... which means you'd have to apply it to a clean iso.
    If you want it I can give it to you, so you don't have to use this GOD to ISO converted game.

20. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    CodeAsm and BadSpencer1986 like this.