Relationships...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by deep3r, Jan 2, 2012.

1. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Maybe you'll be lucky enough and have the honor of receiving a PM from GP one day. hahaha

How is everyone's Valentine's Day going?

I got kinda lucky, we both have school tonight so I didn't have to take her out to dinner. xD

2. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Valentine's Day itself is depressing as shit because of all the forced loveswag that's in the air :p

This time I'm not so unhappy though. I have the pleasure to give someone a present on Sunday, kind of a belated Valentine's Day.

3. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

[​IMG]

4. Stevesesy

Stevesesy Active Member

Who wants to be my internet wifeu?

5. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

mai waifu~~
    [​IMG]

6. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

I think she may have just broken up with me.... via text....

"And you're the guy I've been dreaming to meet and to have in my life, but I'm confused with ME and I don't want to hurt you because I love you. I just need to get my mind clear, some space."

Might just make myself a drink. Cheers.

7. ShovelThumb

ShovelThumb Gutsy Member

Make it a strong one bro.

8. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Red = the bullshit girls say to comfort the guy when they think it's not working for them

green = the only part of this message that's most likely true.

I don't think it means she wants to break up right away, but it sure does mean that you should expect it. She obviously isn't sure about the relationship so you should give her maybe a week and then ask for a decision. No longer... and how I dislike this "oh it's not you, it's MEEEE" kind of bullshit! They always pull this... my best friend always tells it to guys she doesn't want to get too attached to and it's always the same. "you're a great guy, I just can't handle a relationship right now", "you didn't do anything wrong, it's me that isn't capable of blabla" and so on. Don't give anything about this shit, if this is the final reason she breaks up with you then she probably just wasn't that much into you. And at least I usually realize that in those cases I wasn't that much into the girl either, but that might take a bit of time. Most of the time the "aftermath" isn't that bad afterall.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

What a *****! You don't break up via text, that's just weak.

My condolences, I hope that drink was any good.

10. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Yeah, I forgot to add my thoughts on that. Telling you this via text messaging is really weak and should make you think about if this girl is worth it, too. It's probably the most cowardly way to break up with someone except for just vanishing into nowhere.

11. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Yeah... I agree with both of you. She texted me that last night. And then this morning she texted me saying, good morning and asking about work. And then later today she texted me to say, "Have fun in class!"

So I was confused... She says she wants time and space but she's texting me? So I called her because I wanted to know where she stands and what she wants. And I could tell during the whole conversation she really wanted me to just call it off so she could agree with me, but there was no way I was going to let her do that.

She repeated that it was nothing I did, and that I don't know her that well. So I just asked if she still wanted to be my girlfriend or not. And she said she needed a break so, boom, that's it.

Live and learn. I'm not gonna be strung along with all this space and time crap. It's done, over, time to move on. I need to take my own advice that I gave earlier in this thread.

12. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

I'd rather have a girl break up via a text message than just not hearing from her one day... But then again if they do either of those things they're just not worth it like others have said, which is good advice.

13. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Call her out on it. Just say, "you text me the classic 'it's not you it's me' line which sounds like you want to end it, then don't act like it the next day. I'm as confused as a junior high alter boy."

Call a spade a spade dude - both of you will be better off.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  14. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I hate cowardly behaviour. It's the same bullshit as "you're the best guy ever, but I don't want to have a boyfriend right now". WTF. I understand if a girl just wants to be a guy's friend, but this is a blatant lie. Just tell him that you're not attracted to him! o_o

Lies suck, even if they're supposed to comfort you. Tell her to grow some balls and be honest with you.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  15. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

16. XerdoPwerko

XerdoPwerko Galaxy Angel Fanatic Extreme - Mediocre collector.

This is a horrible lie girls use to keep getting the benefits off of you but without giving you a relationship.

They, for example, are looking for other douchier guys, but want you as a fall back to absorb the tears and give them support and take them places and buy them stuff.

Also, they make you the "bad guy" of the breakup if you complain or react "poorly". This, of course, is an excuse to date manipulative "bad-boys".

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this girl was either looking for someone else from the beginning, or met someone douchier, or was just passing time using you.

I should add that the fact that she hid behind the phone and messages does have a connotation of shame and hiding. Which means she is ashamed of something or she has something to hide - or feels like that. I don't like this at all. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, mate.

Either that or she's royally fucked up, and has serious psychological issues and doesn't believe she deserves happiness, or she wants a "challenge".

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  17. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Point it out to her. Get a definite answer, if its bad you'll feel shitty at the time but far better in the long run.

18. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Well, I know it's definitely done even though she just said she needs a break.

THIS! This is almost verbatim what a close mutual friend said!

Some other news, her stepdad messaged me on Facebook this:

"Cynthia (her mom) and I are disappointed about Nelly's carelessness but she's a grown girl (at least she's supposed to be) and she has to make her choices. We have the highest opinion of you and you're more than welcome to come at any time. Please don't forget we're your friends, regardless of Nelly. I bought a PS3 so I'd love to have come and play some MW3 some day."

Which hearing this made me feel a little better. And basically affirmed that I'm not the one really at fault here.

And her 16 year old brother added me on Facebook, too. So I don't know what's going on right now. They obviously liked me, but I guess she didn't like me as much as she said she did.

19. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

At least the parents are nice and even affirmative of your impression. I don't know about coming back to them once you broke up though, hahah. I gave private lessons to my ex-gf's sister for about 3 months until after we broke up and it was weird. Not for me because I liked her little sister (she was 17, not pedo :p), heheh, but for her, because she was always *subtly* hiding somewhere whenever I came or left, Lol. I used to troll her by saying I have to go to the kitchen for some water although I knew she was in there, "hiding". :p
    I ended up not giving her sister private lessons after 3 months because my ex insisted, lol. Apparently we didn't remain friends, she was weird about it. I remained in good contact with her sister and her mom though, they were probably the nicest gf-folks I've met so far.

And believe me, there's nothing worse than stepparents who hate you. I've had my fair share of those LOL

20. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Sounds like she has issues. Walk away.