Relationships...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by deep3r, Jan 2, 2012.

1. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

But that event really made me even more scared to ask a girl out again.. I guess it was a bad start...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Congrats man! Way to just go for it. It also helps when you know that she feels the same way about you. ;-)

I also just entered into a relationship. This coming Saturday will be one month of being in a relationship with her. And it is the girl that I was talking about for months in the world famous unmoderated thread. She's super cool and I've loved every day of it. :lol:

And work has been fine with her. Shortly before I asked her to be my girlfriend she was promoted to the same position as me. So we don't work together, except for maybe 30mins-1hr at a time during a shift change. And there's only a couple people at work that know about us and I trust each one of them so that's been really cool, too.

I don't think this necessarily needs to be in rants and raves. Although with a thread like this there are sure to be some rants. But then there's also a lot of advice and posts such as Cyantist's that are the exact opposite of rants. :shrug:

That's how you do it! Just ask. Or you'll never know. And don't take it personally if they say know, there's so many females in the world it'd be a shame to get all bent out of shape because one said no.

Being scared is no way to live man. That girl was crazy. I'm sorry, but girls that get drunk and sleep around don't deserve a minute of your time. She did you a favor and you should be thanking her. She saved you money and time. :thumbsup:

3. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Study hard and live hard man, its the way to be. I thought the same until I met this girl, completely changed my idea of girls.

4. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Like since last Friday? :p

I can be pretty outgoing towards girls, but the logical consequence is also more rejection than if you keep stuff to yourself all the time. So for people who have a hard time dealing with rejection, either just always go for it (and get used to it to get stronger) or hesitate a bit longer to be on the safe side.

I found it easier to accept a bit more of rejection in order to get to know more people. It saves time and enhances your character, at least I feel that way. It also increases your chances with girls because you get to know so many of them instead of chasing friendzoning Fiona for 6 months.

5. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Thanks guys, I shouldn't base one girl on every girl I might meet. Who knows what the future can bring. I believe I was the winning of the whole problem, I got N64 controller for free :D

6. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

At least it wasn't two mares.

</rimshot>

7. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

This.

Why the f@#% has this thread gone from "telling the OP to man up and DTB" to "man up and ask her out"?? Way to go offtopic, eh?

Does.
    Not.
    Compute...

8. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Oh, sorry guys.. didn't mean to hijack.

9. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Isn't that how every thread on this site ends up?

10. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Pretty sure the OP has already made his choice (and mistake). So its not like it matters whats said in here anymore.

11. Mystical

Mystical Resolute Member

true and lets be fair, no mater how much advice you get about these things over the years you will still end up doing what your heart feels is right

which i might point out is usually the wrong decision lol :Rock:

12. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

ARRGGGHH how dare someone post good things relating to women!?

13. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

[​IMG]

14. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Nah nah, we had been talking for a long time.

15. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

Meh, don't worry about it. I forgive you though. :nod:

I rarely engage in discussions on these forums (except for the on topic ones relating to Xbox1) and I rarely post, so I wouldn't know. Heh.

Can't argue with this. Guess I shouldn't b@#%& about it.

As much as I hate to say it, I rarely post good things about them... anymore, my fellow Treasure fan.

16. deep3r

deep3r Fiery Member

This threads still around? I remember someone saying it should be stickied for rants on relationships, I agree, I cant see my problem being spoke about anywhere on this page..... lol

17. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

well, do you have an update? ;-)

18. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Cheaters will always habitually cheat.

19. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

So what, no more gossipping?? :p

I'm currently dating a girl who has more travel experience than anyone I've known. I immigrated to another country and have been traveling quite a bit, but next to her I feel like a boy from Nebraska.
    Just to give you an idea, she's immigrated to Canada when she was 3, but has lived & worked for anything between 2 and 8 months in Uganda, India, Peru (as a tour guide in Machu Picchu), Barcelona and has been everywhere in Asia, Australia and Africa. o_O

20. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Good luck to you :p

I'm usually shy with a girl I like but charm the girls I don't. I then wait a while for one woman then two turn up at once. By the time I know what to do about it they both buggered off or I ruin it somehow by always going for the pretty girl with issues, instead of the down to earth girl I actually preferred. That's what thinking with your balls does for you.

@OP She will probably cheat on you again but really that isn't all bad provided you move on to an open relationship. It isn't for everyone, especially as not everyone likes to share but what the body and mind wants or needs are seldom the same. I'm not saying invite people round to run a train on her, just saying it may not be needs you cannot fulfil, merely that she wants/needs some variety. If you'd like to keep her you'd let her do it or at least turn a blind eye, but it doesn't guarantee it will all be roses.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012