Relationships...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by deep3r, Jan 2, 2012.

1. brainpann

brainpann Site Supporter 2012

This is an advice/opinion thread. You will have to accept that my opinion isn't that same as yours.

I have been in enough relationships to know that I wouldn't end a relationship over something like this.
    The only thing that matters is whether or not you are going to accept with what she did, whether you can forgive her, and whether you think YOU will trust her again. No sense in moving forward if you can't do any of those.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. deep3r

deep3r Fiery Member

Thanks for the advice mate, it really did make me feel a little better.

I didnt want anyone to start an argument here, please dont start one, im looking for past experiences and opinions, of course there are going to be clashes, but you dont have to try and persuade the other person to think your way, Im the one trying to learn here and I appreciate any and all opinions.

3. port187

port187 Serial Chiller

I would not advice what I said to somebody that is engaged, it was pointed to the situation of knowing each other 1 month and already being in that position.. and taking advantage of that ;-)

4. PS2Guy

PS2Guy Lost in the neverending abyss.

I agree. I have had this happen to me. My EX cheated on me and told me about it and because we'd only been together about a month I gave her a second chance. Then we had 2 kids together and it got really hard to get out (because you kind of get attached, and the fact that you have kids also makes it harder) and she just kept on cheating. It was the worst 4 1/2 years of my life.

Then you have to way the hotness factor. How hot and sexy she is? If your a 5 and she's an 8 or 9? Then it's probably going to happen again. If the numbers are the other way around then I would ditch that without hesitation. If your both 8's then I would maybe gave her another chance but if your like me it will eat you up inside and make it VERY hard to trust anyone or anything she does.

What I mean by that is if she says "bye babe I'm off to hang at the mall with the girls" and then she comes home late, you'll be thinking what the fuck have you been up to? It may cause an argument or worse.

It is a very hard decision mate and I don't envy you whatsoever. So after a big long story my answer is :- DITCH HER!!!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

IMO, the OP is only listening and replying to what he wants to hear. Once again, not to be a douche, but even though I/we can't tell him what to do, it's clear that the more experienced people in this matter are saying DTB.

Why does the gaming/emulation scene have to be filled with manginas? I think some of you really need to listen to this guy (click).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

He replied to me, and my advice was to ditch her. Although, he does seem to be more focused on the people saying give her another chance.

7. PS2Guy

PS2Guy Lost in the neverending abyss.

IME that can never be good aye. It took me a long long time to realize that. Unfortunately he's going to learn the hard way, and then he'll be saying "Aw fuck should've listened", instead of focusing just on the hairy (or hairless) cactus.

8. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Yup. Everyone goes through something where they should have listened to the people around them and they learn the hard way. Hopefully they do learn and that's the only time it happens.

OP save yourself the trouble and the heartache. There are millions of hot girls out there. And if that's all your after great. But keep a lookout for the cool girl. They're much more rare. And worth it.

A cool girl wouldn't cheat on you btw. :nod:

9. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Cornflakes guy knows what's best:

[​IMG]
    I love that guy.

10. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Unfortunately, although funny, this has nothing to do with the original poster's problem, haha.

11. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Yeah, you're right - but since there's not really much else to say about it, I thought the title of this thread might allow us to turn this into a general

[​IMG]

thread?!

12. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Yeah, but I vote any kind of thread like that immediately goes to rants and raves.. It's a thread that would have to be constantly moderated :lol:

13. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

jesus christ is that true, friday night I just manned the fuck up and after months of the worst kept secret since my two friends (everybody knew we had feelings for each other) I just told her.

14. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

What happened?

15. Cyantist

Well, we're together now.

16. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Congrats man, now each some spinach and pull a pop-eye.

17. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

I did what Cyantist did and here is how my event turned out.

I asked her out and she said "Nahh, I'm pretty sure a lesbian"

"Umm? What?"

"I think I'm a lesbian"

"Then how about we try it?"

"I Don't want to, it won't work"

"Why not?"

"Cause I think I'm a lesbian"

1 day later

"We can go on a few dates" she said, while hugging me.

2 days later..

"Let's go out to dinner this week"

"Oh nah I'm busy this week"

"Doing?"

"I've got parties to go to.."

She txts me while she was drunk saying she slept with two other males in the same night...

2 months later, we never spoke again. I really don't have any confidence what so ever, I was depressed for months.. I could not think of how upset I'd be if I was actually in a relationship with that fake. Didn't mean to hijack but, she sounds similar to cheating types.

@ave: You have a Meme for everything :lol:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  18. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Wow man, that's harsh.. Seriously, what a slut!

I'm thinking we should move this thread to rants and raves and sticky it, to use it as the general relationships thread for bitching and getting shit off of our chest; not to mention, advice :thumbsup:

19. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Well, talking about manning up. I asked a girl on a date some time ago, and she said "I am very flattered, but I am seeing some one", and I was like "okay, moving on". And the guy whom she is involved with is a cool guy. So I have moved on, and looking for another great gal :) It is bloody better to ask, than to be a bloody mime about it :)

20. Cyantist

It was common knowledge within the common room that we felt about each other both ways for a couple of months haha, plus, she is NOT the type of girl to do that at all (far too nice, timid etc)