Registration FAQ

Discussion in 'Rules and Guidelines' started by ASSEMbler, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Q: I registered and nothing, I can't post!
    A: Check your spam filter and inbox settings, the confirmation e-mail is probably flagged as spam. Microsoft emails have blocks assemblergames.com emails. Hotmail, live.com, outlook.com, and other microsoft emails will refuse messages from assemblergames.com due to symantec listing the site as a risk. Gmail is recommended instead.

Q: I can't register - the forum doesn't like my e-mail address / I didn't receive the confirmation e-mail. What do I do?
    A: You can now sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google account. Please note, we currently have a blacklist with all microsoft mail system,they are rejecting our e-mails. We're trying to get this resolved, but you'll need to use an alternate sign-up method for now.

Please note that we do not accept disposable e-mail addresses (ones where anyone can read the e-mails if they know your address). We also suggest that you don't use proxy servers, VPNs or Tor - they are often automatically blocked by our auto-moderation system as they are used by people with something to hide! Rest assured your IP address can only be viewed by staff.

Q: I registered as fagcrusher2000, and my account was deleted, what gives?
    A: We don't tolerate names that are offensive. Make a new *decent* account or please leave.

Q: I am a new user. My posts aren't showing up when I post. Why is this?
    A: Read this explanation.

Q: Can I share my account with my partner/roommate/friend?
    A: You are solely responsible for all content posted on your account. As such, we strongly advise that you do not share your password with anybody. Relationships and friendships can break down, which could lead to potential abuse out of spite. Please note that we are unable to help you regain access to an account should someone change your password and you don't have access to the e-mail address registered.

Q: My partner/roommate/friend shares my Internet. Can they create an account?
    A: Yes, but please let a member of staff know the situation once they have signed up. Please be aware that if one of you gets banned, other accounts sharing your IP address may also be disabled. If we suspect a user of creating multiple accounts, we may merge the accounts.

Q: How do I use the forums?
    A: We have a forum guide here. You can find a list of BB Codes that work on the forum here, but we have a full WYSIWYG editor with buttons for all functions. Please familiarize yourself with the rules, including the subforum rules. These can be found stickied in each forum with a yellow badge, and are also listed here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
    PixelButts likes this.
  2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Updated. Please note that Hotmail seems to be receiving PM notifications now. If you try registering with a Hotmail address and have no luck (check spam folder), please let us know.

3. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Updated to clarify policy on having multiple accounts / sharing accounts under one roof. N.B. we do not allow one user to create multiple accounts.

4. ASSEMblergames_Admin

ASSEMblergames_Admin Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.