Record of Lodoss dreamcast GD-R

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Laurent, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

My GD-R doesn t work if i boot the games whit disc system 2 or my dev kit

I don t know if the dump is good

I boot on time this games whit emulator. Impossible to pass the downloading Windows. Now my emulator doesn t works for this games. I don t know why

If somebody can play this games or see if this build contains precious things.... :)

https://mega.nz/#!3xgVkKwC!5BBhNhpDrJtItkjtb1E1t8cQXCM3qaUt-junnVzteDs

wombat likes this.
  2. MetalliC

MetalliC Spirited Member

thanks, but this looks like a bad dump. in the middle of game executable parts is missing (0-filled area(s) instead of code), in result game goes crazy and hangs. high probable the cause is disc read errors (sadly disc was dumped as 2048 sectors, so we have no checksums for data verification)

try to clean disc and dump it several times, until you'll get stable reads (i.e. 2x identical dumps). preferable as raw-2352 sectors, so it will be possible to check and identify if there was bad sectors, using ECC/EDC data.

quite strange this game wont boot on dev kit, make sure you set it to Europe region..

3. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

Disc rot i m sure T-T

4. ehw

ehw Active Member

I'd recommend not dumping with DreamShell anymore. Try Dreamcast SD Rip instead:
    http://hiddenpalace.org/Dreamcast_SD_Rip

This will dump the GD-R with the ECC/EDC data intact. Unfortunately it will error out if it encounters a read error on the GD-R, in which case try to clean it as best you can and redump it. If it still fails, then make a note of it and just stick with the DreamShell dump.

Other than that though, the build date predates the European build by about a month. :)

5. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Can also dump with some pc drives using redumps tools.

I have one of the drives if you would like me to dump it.

6. ehw

ehw Active Member

Can you dump GD-Rs with DiscImageCreator + a Plextor Drive? I've read that you can't yet, only retail GD-ROMs. :(

7. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member