Really long VLOG vs not so long

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by LeHaM, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LeHaM

LeHaM Site Soldier

I am editing a Japan VLOG, is a Hour long video better for ya'll instead of like 2 30 minute ones?

2. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

People will likely watch 30s. Check what your average watch time is and work it out from there.

3. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

the ideal vlong length is between 8 and 15 minutes, I'm pretty sure all of your footage doesn't need to go in. Even though you'd probably like too.

Borman likes this.
  4. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I doubt that you will be able to fit all of those unique and interesting observations in a single hour. Please consider making it 1:30 - 2:00 hours long.

Jokes aside, what makes you think anyone would want to watch a full 1h video of yourself monologuing around? No offense, neither would anyone want to watch me either. I mean, even Morgan Freeman would probably lose a large part of his audience in a one-hour fucking Vlog about a topic he's hardly an authority in.

5. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I believe the perfect length of a vlog is 0:00

6. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Past a certain amount of time, like 5 to 15 minutes depending on how pertinent or not the visual support is, I prefer to read the transcript rather than to watch a vlog. I don't understand audiobooks in situations where you can just read instead either. It's just so much faster to read than to listen.